6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2006 4:19 PM by Newsgroup_User

How to get rid of the black line around a form?

Matador2004
      I am working on a mail form in Flash. When i make the text area (input) with the letter-tool it makes a black outline arond the white text block. Is it a way to get rid of this black line? I am also wondering how to tranform text area blocks and apply for example rounded corners.

Please help!
        • 1. Re: How to get rid of the black line around a form?
          Level 7

Matador2004 wrote:
          > I am working on a mail form in Flash. When i make the text area (input) with
          > the letter-tool it makes a black outline arond the white text block. Is it a
          > way to get rid of this black line? I am also wondering how to tranform text
          > area blocks and apply for example rounded corners.

Turn off the "show border around text" button, right under the FONT name drop down
          than one on top of the field with round corners. There is no such option in flash
          so you have manually draw it.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: How to get rid of the black line around a form?
            adrianTNT Level 1
            For rounded corners I don't think there is other way than draw it behind the text field after you remove it's border.
            • 3. Re: How to get rid of the black line around a form?
              Matador2004 Level 1
              quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User

Matador2004 wrote:
              > I am working on a mail form in Flash. When i make the text area (input) with
              > the letter-tool it makes a black outline arond the white text block. Is it a
              > way to get rid of this black line? I am also wondering how to tranform text
              > area blocks and apply for example rounded corners.

Turn off the "show border around text" button, right under the FONT name drop down
              than one on top of the field with round corners.

I dont understand where to find this option, could you please bemore specific? :) are you talking about a drop down meny with a special name or do u mean a specific panel?

• 4. Re: How to get rid of the black line around a form?
                Level 7

> I dont understand where to find this option, could you please bemore specific?
                > :) are you talking about a drop down meny with a special name or do u mean a
                > specific panel?

select text field, hit CTRL F3 , you will find it here:
                http://flashfugitive.com/screnen_08.gif

--
                Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
                </urami>
                • 5. How to get rid of the black line around a form?
                  Matador2004 Level 1
                  Thanks for the fast respond Urami. However if i choose that option the whole block included the white are which u are suppose to write the text in dissapear. I have a white textblock with a black line around which i want to remove.
                  • 6. Re: How to get rid of the black line around a form?
                    Level 7

Matador2004 wrote:
                    > Thanks for the fast respond Urami. However if i choose that option the whole
                    > block included the white are witch u are suppose to write the text in
                    > dissapear. i have have a white textblock with a black line around witch i want
                    > to remove.

You can't have both. Remove all and than add new layer below the text and simple
                    draw white rectangle under the field. We all do it that way.
                    You could as well use text object and action script to draw the field and set the
                    color of the background and the outlines but this only complicates things. Require
                    font linkage, more code and more data in libraries due to attach the fonts.
                    Sometimes the easiest solutions are best.

--
                    Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
                    </urami>