2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2006 6:02 AM by iosi

Java Applet In Flash

iosi
      Hi,
      I have 4 Ethernet Internet cameras in our office, all have their IP Address and can be accessed through the web.
      I created a page for each of these cameras and I'm using a Java Applet to view the video of each.
      My question is if there is a way to see the video in Flash so that I don't need to rely on the visitor to have Java installed and I don't need to disclose the actual domain/IP of the camera location?
      I'm looking at an affordable solution to have this video displayed in Flash.
      Thanks,
      Joseph
        • 1. Re: Java Applet In Flash
          Level 7

> I have 4 Ethernet Internet cameras in our office, all have their IP Address
          > and can be accessed through the web.
          > I created a page for each of these cameras and I'm using a Java Applet to view
          > the video of each.
          > My question is if there is a way to see the video in Flash so that I don't
          > need to rely on the visitor to have Java installed and I don't need to disclose
          > the actual domain/IP of the camera location?
          > I'm looking at an affordable solution to have this video displayed in Flash.

Flash - Help - search "camera", returns:

The Camera class is primarily for use with Macromedia Flash Communication Server, but can be used in
          a limited way without the server.

The Camera class lets you capture video from a video camera attached to the computer that is running
          Macromedia Flash Player--for example, to monitor a video feed from a web camera attached to your
          local system. (Flash provides similar audio capabilities; for more information, see the Microphone
          class entry.)

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: Java Applet In Flash
            iosi Level 1
            All cameras are behind the router, have their own fix IP, they aren't attached to a specific computer, these are D-Link DCS-900 cameras, but thank you for the hint, I'll try a search on the Camera class to see if this can help me.
            Thanks,
            Joseph