3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2009 6:12 AM by Newsgroup_User

interactive chart

lop423
      Hi all,
      I'd like to add some user interaction to flex charts, i.e. let the user change column bar size values in the columnchart using mouse interaction directly on the chart (some sort of ability to draw or change a graph just using mouse input...)
      I'm quite new to flex development so any link to examples or hints on the right way to approach this will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: interactive chart
          Level 7

"lop423" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gkkdem$8ho$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi all,
          > I'd like to add some user interaction to flex charts, i.e. let the user
          > change
          > column bar size values in the columnchart using mouse interaction
          > directly on
          > the chart (some sort of ability to draw or change a graph just using mouse
          > input...)
          > I'm quite new to flex development so any link to examples or hints on the
          > right way to approach this will be greatly appreciated.
          >
          > thanks in advance
          >

http://www.quietlyscheming.com/blog/charts/chart-sampler

• 2. Re: interactive chart
            lop423 Level 1
            Do you mean I have to start from the mouse handling sample and add functionalities I'd asked for ?
            I can't find any example where the user can change columns size directly on the graph, maybe I'm wrong...

regards
            • 3. Re: interactive chart
              Level 7

"lop423" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gkn6dr$4h5$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Do you mean I have to start from the mouse handling sample and add
              > functionalities I'd asked for ?
              > I can't find any example where the user can change columns size directly
              > on
              > the graph, maybe I'm wrong...

You'll probably have to combine functionalities from several of the
              examples, yes.