9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2006 10:31 AM by kglad

<li> duplicating on rows without <li>

zozew
      Hi,

I have a xml document with imformtion grouped as "slides" the text value of the slides are sometiems formatted with the <li> tag these then populate a textArea component. my problem is that as soon as I load a text with the <li> tag it duplicates on the all the rows... any one have a solution to that problem.?? I use CSS to format the text

/Andreas

excample of the xml below
        • 1. Re: &lt;li&gt; duplicating on rows without &lt;li&gt;
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          use the flash string methods to strip out the tags you don't want.
          • 2. Re: &lt;li&gt; duplicating on rows without &lt;li&gt;
            zozew Level 1
            I don't think you understod me fully. I need the <li> tags but in the xml sample above there are rows beneath without <li> tags but they still get bullet points... that's my problem.. the bold text beneth shouldn't get a bullet point but it does..

<P class="OCHATEXT">Welcome to this section that looks at the terms and conditions for your job. <P class="OCHATEXT"></P><P class="OCHATEXT">There are three topics to complete in this section: </P><LI><A href="asfunction:_root.LinkSlide,67">Topic 1: Knowing your basic terms and conditions</A> <LI><A href="asfunction:_root.LinkSlide,50">Topic 2: What qualities are important for an OCHA member of staff?</A> <LI><A href="asfunction:_root.LinkSlide,59">Topic 3: Managing your professional development</A></LI></P> <P class="OCHATEXT">edrghdshdshjsdjsj</P>
            • 3. Re: &lt;li&gt; duplicating on rows without &lt;li&gt;
              oh. your html coding is incorrect. you should be using <ul> </ul> tags to delineate the start and end of your unordered list.

in addtion, i think flash may require </li> tags at the end of each bullet item.
              • 4. Re: &lt;li&gt; duplicating on rows without &lt;li&gt;
                zozew Level 1
                Well I had <ul> tags before...but I had the same result...I read somewhere flash didn't support them. I saw I missed a </li> tag, the problem is that when I jump "slides" (diffrent htmlText both with and without <li>) from one displaying ok then to another displaying ok then back to the first one all the text in the first get bullet points... its like the textArea remembers and duplicates the <li> for all rows somehow..

first slide displays ok
                <P class="OCHATEXT"><P class="OCHATEXT">When you have complete this section you should be familiar with the basic terms and conditions of your job including to: </P><LI>Salary and entitlement information</LI><LI>How to obtain more specific information based on your duty station</LI></P>

second slide displays ok

<P class="OCHATEXT">Welcome to this section that looks at the terms and conditions for your job. <P class="OCHATEXT"></P><P class="OCHATEXT">There are three topics to complete in this section: </P><LI><A href="asfunction:_root.LinkSlide,67">Topic 1: Knowing your basic terms and conditions</A> <LI><A href="asfunction:_root.LinkSlide,50">Topic 2: What qualities are important for an OCHA member of staff?</A></LI> <LI><A href="asfunction:_root.LinkSlide,59">Topic 3: Managing your professional development</A></LI><P class="OCHATEXT">edrghdshdshjsdjsj</P></P>"

then back to first and all rows have bullet points...?
                • 5. Re: &lt;li&gt; duplicating on rows without &lt;li&gt;
                  TimSymons Level 1
                  Your still missing a closing </LI> in the second slide.

...</P><LI><A href="asfunction:_root.LinkSlide,67">Topic 1: Knowing your basic terms and conditions</A> <LI><A...

Tim
                  • 6. Re: &lt;li&gt; duplicating on rows without &lt;li&gt;
                    TimSymons Level 1
                    Your still missing a closing </LI> in the second slide.

...</P><LI><A href="asfunction:_root.LinkSlide,67">Topic 1: Knowing your basic terms and conditions</A> <LI><A...

Tim
                    • 7. Re: &lt;li&gt; duplicating on rows without &lt;li&gt;
                      yes, recheck your html coding. your problem stems from html coding issues.
                      • 8. Re: &lt;li&gt; duplicating on rows without &lt;li&gt;
                        zozew Level 1
                        Well thanks guys, as you said it was a html coding problem.

Just curious any one know how the textArea even though I populated it with an empty string before adding new htmltext to remembered bullet points from previous content?

Thanks!
                        • 9. Re: &lt;li&gt; duplicating on rows without &lt;li&gt;
                          you never terminated the bullet-point formatting?