1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 27, 2006 5:12 PM by Newsgroup_User

Buttons Screwed Up

Donjworks Level 1
      Hello,
      I am making a website, and things just started going wrong. Firstly, the site was WAY to big, so I deleted the intro, that made up most of the file size. After I deleted the intro, all the buttons started screwing up. It seems like all the buttons are acting like their ActionScript is " GotoAndPlay (1);" I went back to the older flash file (with intro), and all the buttons work. None of the buttons in any way refer to the Intro. I set my Controls to Enable Frame & Simple Button Actions, and they work then, but not when I export the flash movie.
      Help!
      Thanks
        • 1. Re: Buttons Screwed Up
          Level 7

Donjworks wrote:
          > Hello,
          > I am making a website, and things just started going wrong. Firstly, the site
          > was WAY to big, so I deleted the intro, that made up most of the file size.
          > After I deleted the intro, all the buttons started screwing up. It seems like
          > all the buttons are acting like their ActionScript is " GotoAndPlay (1);"
          > I went back to the older flash file (with intro), and all the buttons work.
          > None of the buttons in any way refer to the Intro. I set my Controls to Enable
          > Frame & Simple Button Actions, and they work then, but not when I export the
          > flash movie.

"Enable Simple Button" is not for button testing, it never reflects full functionality
          and often shows button working even tho the buttons are not done properly.
          It is barely for RollOver testing, so if you have say few buttons in different shapes
          which should be distributed in some kind of specific order, you can adjust the position
          w/o exporting the whole movie. For full functionality you need to PREVIEW and if does
          not work that means it is done wrongly.

In regard to the action.
          If you use Scenes and scene names in your action than the action will go wrong upon export.
          To avoid such problems, in general, for any gotoAnd action you should be using labels.
          Label frame you like to target and use the label name instead. gotoAndPlay("labelHere");

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>