2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2006 3:48 AM by Newsgroup_User

help with exporting and printing

fallenanbu
      I only recently started to use FW and I am stuck and can't find an answer. First whenever I go to print a item through FW it is always to big for the paper. I know I can shrink it but wouldn't that look different. Second I export it as a jpeg and import it into word 03, fit it to the size of the page, but when I print it it comes out blurry and hardly readable. does anyone know why it does that and how to fix it? Please help.
        • 1. Re: help with exporting and printing
          ageofem Level 1
          yeah fireworks has some issues with print output, i suggest you use photoshop or any print program to do that part, btw fireworks uses RGB colors , most print devices works better on CMYK colors. I have tried printing an invitation using fireworks before eventhough I have set the margins, page settings correctly in fireworks. Best advice is your print software must have a print preview option before printing , I cant really guarantee a sucess on this but on my part, it surely did help.

On the MSWORD issue, try changing the print quality settings to high, hope that helps
          • 2. Re: help with exporting and printing
            Level 7
            On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:22:04 +0400, fallenanbu
            <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

> I only recently started to use FW and I am stuck and can't find an
            > answer.
            > First whenever I go to print a item through FW it is always to big for
            > the
            > paper. I know I can shrink it but wouldn't that look different. Second I
            > export
            > it as a jpeg and import it into word 03, fit it to the size of the page,
            > but
            > when I print it it comes out blurry and hardly readable. does anyone
            > know why
            > it does that and how to fix it? Please help.
            >

I guess your problem is too small resolution. Create youre image at
            resolution like 200 ppi. As long as I remember Word 2003 correctly reads
            PNG resolution, so after creating and saving the image you may try simply
            importing the image saved in FW into Word.

--
            Ilya Razmanov
            http://photoshop.msk.ru - Photoshop plug-in filters