5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2006 3:23 PM by annsusanlee

Quiz template

annsusanlee
      Does anyone know how to export user inputs to the quiz quesitons to an external text file? I have knowledge track enabled but that only works with webservers...I think...help!!!!
        • 1. Re: Quiz template
          Simon Bailey Level 1
          Hi,

Funnily enough I stumbled on a tutorial yesterday which uses php and loadVars to write to a text file from input text field in flash, spot on for you hopefully?

Cheers Si

http://www.flashnewz.com/flashnewz-5-20040609ExploringiloadVarssendAndLoadwritetoatextfile andgetthedatabackintoflashi.html
          • 2. Re: Quiz template
            annsusanlee Level 1
            Hi Picke Jar....well...that was very close to what I wanted...unfortunately it again calls for sending via a server....I'm just looking for something that I can add to say a "submit" button and it will write the user input to an external text file, which is in the same folder as my .fla file. Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it :)
            • 3. Re: Quiz template
              TimSymons Level 1
              Not without a Third Party software program like Flash Jester or SWF Studio by Northcode.

Tim
              • 4. Re: Quiz template
                Level 7
                Are you talking about running the flash file from a website or locally? If
                local, can you use Flash cookies?

"annsusanlee" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:efbp5k$5g3$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Hi Picke Jar....well...that was very close to what I
                > wanted...unfortunately it
                > again calls for sending via a server....I'm just looking for something
                > that I
                > can add to say a "submit" button and it will write the user input to an
                > external text file, which is in the same folder as my .fla file. Thanks
                > for the
                > help! I really appreciate it :)
                >

• 5. Re: Quiz template
                  annsusanlee Level 1
                  Well I want to run the application as a stand alone...it's a survey ...so what I want to be able to do is record the answers that users put in for the various questions and save that to a text file. The application is intended to be used without an internet connection...so yes, I guess it would be run locally. I used the "quiz template" in Flash 8 to develop the survey...so yeah if I could only figure out a way to get the user's answers that would be awesome!!!! :D.....................thanks for the input!