4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2006 9:21 AM by Newsgroup_User

help for

flash_thegame
      hey,
      when trying to install macromedia studio (flash) 8 for my m8, it came up with some system admin message saying that admin has some thing to stop installation, my m8's genuine copy, an it wont install.
      please help if ya know wots wrong here,
      thanks alot.
        • 1. Re: help for
          Level 7
          hard to understand your terminology - but does "m8" refer to your "mate" or "friend"? If so, is
          "your" copy of Flash 8 already installed on your machine or perhaps 2 of your machines? If you are
          installing your copy of Flash 8 on your friends machine then you are pirating software and
          advertising it on Adobe's site - your "mate" needs to purchase flash so that he has his own valid
          license. He legally can not install and use your license.
          If i misunderstood you then I apologize - if I indeed did understand you correctly, then be aware
          that you are attempting to pirate software.

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
          --> www.mudbubble.com
          --> www.keyframer.com

flash_thegame wrote:
          > hey,
          > when trying to install macromedia studio (flash) 8 for my m8, it came up with
          > some system admin message saying that admin has some thing to stop
          > installation, my m8's genuine copy, an it wont install.
          > please help if ya know wots wrong here,
          > thanks alot.
          >
          • 2. Re: help for
            Nickels55 Level 2
            It sounds like your friend is logged in to his machine as someone other then the administrator. This can happen when you are the low man on the totem pole at work, or when your parents know more about computing then you and they set the secondary user up without admin rights.

The answer is simple, have the administrator log-in then you can install the software. Otherwise you don't have the necessary privileges to add anything to the PC.
            • 3. Re: help for
              flash_thegame Level 1
              no no, u got it all wrong lol,
              this is a genuine copy from adobe that my m8 (friend) has got, he is the administrator of his computer an only tryin to install it into his pc for him, it just keeps coming up with the same message every time, the system admin has set summet to prevent this installation,
              its really puzzling me,
              any other ideas plz?
              • 4. Re: help for
                Level 7
                ahh sorry - thanks for the clarification - if he truly is a power user/admin and getting that error
                message - then i am just as baffled by it - i have no idea why that would be. sorry i am not that
                much help.

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
                --> www.mudbubble.com
                --> www.keyframer.com

flash_thegame wrote:
                > no no, u got it all wrong lol,
                > this is a genuine copy from adobe that my m8 (friend) has got, he is the
                > administrator of his computer an only tryin to install it into his pc for him,
                > it just keeps coming up with the same message every time, the system admin has
                > set summet to prevent this installation,
                > its really puzzling me,
                > any other ideas plz?
                >