2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2006 11:18 PM by RyanJanus

Pop up menu mouse out timing...

msb0014
      How do I make the Pop Up menu created in Fireworks disappear faster after I mouse out of it – It kinda hangs there for 2 seconds and then disappears.. I want it gone as soon as I mouse out. I can’t find the length in “mm_css_menu.js”

Please help, thanks!
        • 1. Re: Pop up menu mouse out timing...
          RyanJanus
          When you make or edit a pop-up menu, go to the Advanced tab. There should be a box in there that says "menu delay." The default settings, at least in my copy of Fireworks 8, are set to 500 ms, i.e. half a second. You can change that to whatever you want - you can even make it zero if you like. You can do the same thing after you export it to Dreamweaver or wherever, look up the actual code and change the number of milliseconds by hand. This way is easier, though.

Let me know if this works or doesn't work - my email is ryan.janus@peterson.af.mil.

Thanks,
          Ryan
          Text
          • 2. Re: Pop up menu mouse out timing...
            RyanJanus Level 1
            When you make or edit a pop-up menu, go to the Advanced tab. There should be a box in there that says "menu delay." The default settings, at least in my copy of Fireworks 8, are set to 500 ms, i.e. half a second. You can change that to whatever you want - you can even make it zero if you like. You can do the same thing after you export it to Dreamweaver or wherever, look up the actual code and change the number of milliseconds by hand. This way is easier, though.

Let me know if this works or doesn't work - my email is ryan.janus@peterson.af.mil.

Thanks,
            Ryan
            Text