4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2008 9:35 AM by Newsgroup_User

Automatic wrapping at line end

yachts99-2vTvY1 Level 2
      Is there a setting to automatically wrap the code, created in code view, at the end of the line so there is no need to scroll horizontally to see all the code?

I'm thinking of a feature similar to the Dreamweaver setting in Preferences-> Code Fornat->Automatic Wrapping. This Dreamweaver feature wraps the code onto a new line if the window is not wide enough to display the code.
        • 1. Re: Automatic wrapping at line end
          Level 7

"yachts99" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:ggjc8a$c4r$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Is there a setting to automatically wrap the code, created in code view,
          > at the
          > end of the line so there is no need to scroll horizontally to see all the
          > code?

Hit the return key where you want the line to wrap.

• 2. Re: Automatic wrapping at line end
            yachts99-2vTvY1 Level 2
            That's not quite what I would call automatic!

I'm looking for a soft wrap not a hard one as I described how Dreamweaver handles this. perhaps there isn't a comparable feature.
            • 3. Re: Automatic wrapping at line end
              yachts99-2vTvY1 Level 2
              That's not quite what I would call automatic!

I'm looking for a soft wrap not a hard one as I described how Dreamweaver handles this. Perhaps there isn't a comparable feature.
              • 4. Re: Automatic wrapping at line end
                Level 7

"yachts99" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:ggjuqk$483$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > That's not quite what I would call automatic!
                >
                > I'm looking for a soft wrap not a hard one as I described how Dreamweaver
                > handles this. Perhaps there isn't a comparable feature.

Yes, but Dreamweaver needs it because in some versions of JavaScript you
                can't just type a return in the middle of a line of code and have it still
                work--and in many back-end technologies you have to use a line continuation
                character to move to the next line.

In AS3, _you_ control the formatting of your text, and it's easy to make it
                easy to read without wrapping.

HTH;

Amy