1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 1, 2006 6:02 PM by cheftimo

HTTPService giving error when deployed on server.

shishir332
      Hi,
      I am seriously intrigued by the way flex applications behaves. I have my flex-app successfully compiled in Flex Builder 2. Now this creates a .swf file which can readily access the HTTPService calls made to URLs on the internet. However when I deploy the same file[basically the HTML wrapper and .swf file] onto my J2EE application server with FDS, I get the error :

[RPC Fault faultString="Send failed" faultCode="Client.Error.MessageSend" faultDetail="Channel.Connect.Failed error NetConnection.Call.Failed: HTTP: Status 500"]

This is continously beleaguering me ever since I am trying to deploy the same onto the app server. Has this anything to do with my server settings ?
      Please help

TIA
      Shishir
        • 1. Re: HTTPService giving error when deployed on server.
          cheftimo Level 2
          I have had the same or similar problem, in my case with ColdFusion projects. I have uploaded several sample projects to my shared hosting web server; all the projects that do not use a server run fine, buit I have never been able to make the CF projects run. I have posted about this two or three times, but nobody ever answered.

Maybe our question was too stupid to deserve an answer from busy people. I never thought of this, but today I got an email from my Hosting provider. Quoting part of that message:

“We will be performing a ColdFusion upgrade to CFMX 7.02 on the
          server where your account(s), timo, mochica, is/are hosted. We have
          scheduled the upgrade to take place between 3:00 AM EDT and 6:00 AM
          EDT on Saturday, August 5th, 2006.

We do not anticipate more than 15 minutes of downtime once the
          maintenance begins .....”

Also, I found that the projects that do run require all those files that are generated when FB builds the project, so I have been uploading the entire output folder (usually, but not always, ‘bin’).

I’m hoping I won’t have any more problems after Saturday.

Peace,

Carlos