3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2006 1:53 AM by RoboColum(n)

    Conditional Build Tags and Baggage Files

    Leapy
      Good afternoon

      I have a project where I need to produce two outputs - one for the internet and one for our intranet. I have applied conditional build tags to the topics that I don't want displayed on the internet however, the topics with baggage files attached still show up - I can't figure out how to apply a cbt to these files. Can someone help me please?

      Thanks
        • 1. Re: Conditional Build Tags and Baggage Files
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Hi Leapy. You can't apply build tags to baggage per say. Are you saying that you have a topic with (let's say) build tag A which contains a file that is in your baggage but when you exclude tag A the topic still appears? Where is the build tag added? Topic or content?
          • 2. Re: Conditional Build Tags and Baggage Files
            Leapy Level 1
            Hi Colum

            The cbts are attached to the topics. The baggage files are pdfs. I have 6 volumes of a user manual that is viewable by both the public on the internet (they can only see 3 vols) and internal staff (they can view all volumes) on our intranet. The only thing I can think to do is create to separate projects and merge them. I originally had 6 separate projects but had problems with links across the project when published on our intranet. To overcome this problem I thought I would move all files into one project but now I've got the baggage file problem!!! I don't think I can win on this one.
            • 3. Re: Conditional Build Tags and Baggage Files
              RoboColum(n) Level 5
              HI Leapy.

              OK I think I have got to the reason why your CBTs are being included. If you have them at the topic level, they are exlcuded. If you have them at the topic contents level they are included. Do a right click on the CBT in the project tab and select the "Properties" popup menu item. You will probably find that the tags show up at content level. If you change these to be at topic level you should be OK.

              BTW if you are using merged webhelp there is a known problem with links failing. Peter Grainge has covered this, and the workaround, very well at his site. Click here for more details.