2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2006 3:10 AM by dan205

Popups not appearing

dan205
      This is weird: my popups work when previewing topics in RoboHelp (Office X5), but when I build the WebHelp when I click on the popup links I get a JavaScript error in IE (6.0.2900, SP2) and they don't appear.

The JavaScript error is 'Object Expected'.

I have other WebHelp projects with working popups, so this is really confusing. I've tried removing the popups and re-creating them, but they still don't show and I still get the error.

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
      Dan
        • 1. Re: Popups not appearing
          RoboWizard Level 4
          Hi Dan

You might want to take a look at the supporting ehlpdhtm.js file and ensure it is properly pathed. I seem to recall back when I was in a corporate job that sometimes RoboHelp would lose this path. Sometimes, I even had to resort to copying the file locally to the same folder the topic was in and ensuring there was no path pointing to the file.

Not sure why the relative addressing failed to find it, but this was the quick and dirty fix.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Popups not appearing
            dan205 Level 1
            Thanks Rick. The relative link to ehlpdhtm.js in the topics was set one folder level too high. I don't even want to think how that could've happened!

Cheers,
            Dan