3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2006 5:21 PM by Newsgroup_User

How to crop work area?

benhenny Level 1
      I have a Flash animation that has objects that bleed over the work area. If I view the SWF alone - outside of HTML - I can expand it, and it shows the objects outside the 800x600 area of my SWF.

How do I "crop" it?
        • 1. Re: How to crop work area?
          Level 7
          you can't if viewing without the SWF via a browser - you have to go back into the FLA and add a
          layer above all other layers - then make a very large black rectangle with a square hole cut out of
          it the same size and position as your stage - this will act like an overlay and hide all assets
          outside of the stage.

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
          --> www.mudbubble.com
          --> www.keyframer.com

benhenny wrote:
          > I have a Flash animation that has objects that bleed over the work area. If I
          > view the SWF alone - outside of HTML - I can expand it, and it shows the
          > objects outside the 800x600 area of my SWF.
          >
          > How do I "crop" it?
          >
          • 2. Re: How to crop work area?
            benhenny Level 1
            Okay - I'm not sure why I can't punch a hole in my black box. This is similar to the "donut" question I had before -

So I draw a black box. I draw a smaller black box on top of the larger one. I delete the smaller box. I thought that would punch a hole through the box beneath, but it doesn't. I'm a moron - please help.
            • 3. Re: How to crop work area?
              Level 7

benhenny wrote:
              > Okay - I'm not sure why I can't punch a hole in my black box. This is similar
              > to the "donut" question I had before -
              >
              > So I draw a black box. I draw a smaller black box on top of the larger one. I
              > delete the smaller box. I thought that would punch a hole through the box
              > beneath, but it doesn't. I'm a moron - please help.

draw it in different color, otherwise it will merge and if you delete it will take
              the whole thing out.
              also good the de-select - hit the ESC button once you done drawing than delete it.

Take note, make sure your object drawing option is not set ON otherwise all shape
              you draw will be Grouped by default and you can't cut hole in it unless you double
              click it.

To alternately change Object Drawing on and off, use the J key while using any of the
              drawing tools. Hit J draw something, hit J again and draw one more, see the difference.

--
              Regards

Urami

--

Happy New Year guys - all the best there is in the 2006 :)

<urami>
              http://www.Flashfugitive.com
              </urami>

<web junk free>
              http://www.firefox.com
              </web junk free>