2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2006 2:13 AM by Newsgroup_User

Help with resizing

Emmahatt Level 1
      Hi - strange problem here. Have basically used fw to create a new ad for my company. As this is to be reproduced in a newspapaer I need to ensure that the size is completely accurate. Also need to convert to pdf (using adobe online). My problem is that when I am trying to resize the image by changing the print size it is not allowing me to enter the value I want. The png is currently around 400px width and the print size is showing as less than 1cm - when I am trying to change to a print size of 11 cm its not allowing me to do this. Is ther any reason for this ? Or is there any better way to resize?

Thanks in advance for looking at this post and replying.

Emma
        • 1. Re: Help with resizing
          Level 7
          Hi Emma,

I have used Fireworks to modify my web images set at 72 dpi to create
          advertisements at 300 dpi for clients. I have done it a few different ways,
          but the easiest is to open your image, go to Modify > Canvas > Image Size
          and set your resolution to 300 dpi. Be sure the constraint proportions and
          resample image check boxes are checked. Change your print size drop down to
          Centimeters and put 11 cm for width, not sure of the height from your
          posting. This should do it.

Click OK.

Sean

"Emmahatt" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e9l1fa$9j6$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi - strange problem here. Have basically used fw to create a new ad for
          > my
          > company. As this is to be reproduced in a newspapaer I need to ensure that
          > the
          > size is completely accurate. Also need to convert to pdf (using adobe
          > online).
          > My problem is that when I am trying to resize the image by changing the
          > print
          > size it is not allowing me to enter the value I want. The png is currently
          > around 400px width and the print size is showing as less than 1cm - when I
          > am
          > trying to change to a print size of 11 cm its not allowing me to do this.
          > Is
          > ther any reason for this ? Or is there any better way to resize?
          >
          > Thanks in advance for looking at this post and replying.
          >
          > Emma
          >

• 2. Re: Help with resizing
            Level 7
            you should be using a print based app like freehand or illustrator
            instead ;)

webonfire wrote:
            > Hi Emma,
            >
            > I have used Fireworks to modify my web images set at 72 dpi to create
            > advertisements at 300 dpi for clients. I have done it a few different ways,
            > but the easiest is to open your image, go to Modify > Canvas > Image Size
            > and set your resolution to 300 dpi. Be sure the constraint proportions and
            > resample image check boxes are checked. Change your print size drop down to
            > Centimeters and put 11 cm for width, not sure of the height from your
            > posting. This should do it.
            >
            > Click OK.
            >
            > Sean
            >
            > "Emmahatt" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            > news:e9l1fa$9j6$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >> Hi - strange problem here. Have basically used fw to create a new ad for
            >> my
            >> company. As this is to be reproduced in a newspapaer I need to ensure that
            >> the
            >> size is completely accurate. Also need to convert to pdf (using adobe
            >> online).
            >> My problem is that when I am trying to resize the image by changing the
            >> print
            >> size it is not allowing me to enter the value I want. The png is currently
            >> around 400px width and the print size is showing as less than 1cm - when I
            >> am
            >> trying to change to a print size of 11 cm its not allowing me to do this.
            >> Is
            >> ther any reason for this ? Or is there any better way to resize?
            >>
            >> Thanks in advance for looking at this post and replying.
            >>
            >> Emma
            >>
            >
            >