2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2006 2:05 PM by Bucky8999

Filters to broadcast video

Bucky8999
      I'm trying to export an animation that uses the blur filter for a motion blur effect and I can't find a simple way to do this. The blur is especially useful but when I export to Quicktime it can only use an old Flash Player that doesn't support the new effects. Any suggestions, I can imagine a few workarounds but it seems to defeat the usefullness of these features for anyone useing flash in a video environment? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

• 1. Re: Filters to broadcast video
          Level 7
          this is exactly been what I have been wishing flash was capable of - exporting movie clip animations
          to video format - it can't and that means any filters applied will be lost also.
          see this:
          http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/flash_to_video.html

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
          --> www.mudbubble.com
          --> www.keyframer.com

jjbuck wrote:
          > I'm trying to export an animation that uses the blur filter for a motion blur
          > effect and I can't find a simple way to do this. The blur is especially
          > useful but when I export to Quicktime it can only use an old Flash Player that
          > doesn't support the new effects. Any suggestions, I can imagine a few
          > workarounds but it seems to defeat the usefullness of these features for anyone
          > useing flash in a video environment? Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
          > thanks.
          >
          >
          >
          • 2. Re: Filters to broadcast video
            Bucky8999 Level 1
            Thanks, Chris - it was your article that first made me get suspicious all my grand plans were going to fall to ruin. I haven't tinkered with Flash Video - any chance that renders out these affects in an acceptable quality level?

I work in motion graphics for TV and rely heavily on After Effects and find myself wanting AE effects (especially motion blur) in Flash. I'd hoped the filter effects were the answer, but...

I really appreciate your experience animating in Flash for the broadcast environment, do you ever use AE with Flash alpha QTs in any way, do you have any suggestions from a workflow or do I have to do the dreaded - improve my classic animation FX techniques! Curious to hear your thoughts...