3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2006 12:04 PM by VC727

UIScrollBar Probem

jimihendrix55
      Alright, although I know comonents are pretty straight forward, this one is throwing me for a cruve. I've read about this problem many times on different Flash forums and no one seems to have a concrete answer. I set up a Dynmaic text field where the text is being loaded via 'loadVariables' from a text file. Next, I turn object snapping on, I drag the UIscrollbar into the text field, it aligns it automatically with the text field, and automatically uses the instance name of the text field (mytext). The scroll bar appears as a white bar with a slight gradient on the left side.

My publish settings are for Flash 8 (althought I tried with 6 and 7 as well), actionscript 2.0, basically standard stuff. When I publish it, the same white box with a slight gradient is there, in stead of a scroll bar with arrows.

Now, when I tried making a totally new document with jsut a text box and a UIScrollbar, it worked fine, so my components are in tact. Anyone got an answer?
        • 1. Re: UIScrollBar Probem
          Level 7
          I have a similar problem. Except my scrollbars work once but if the flash
          movie is re-loaded then they come across as disabled. This is absolutely
          maddening.

Any suggestions?

"jimihendrix55" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:edj2p4$olp$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Alright, although I know comonents are pretty straight forward, this one
          > is
          > throwing me for a cruve. I've read about this problem many times on
          > different
          > Flash forums and no one seems to have a concrete answer. I set up a
          > Dynmaic
          > text field where the text is being loaded via 'loadVariables' from a text
          > file.
          > Next, I turn object snapping on, I drag the UIscrollbar into the text
          > field,
          > it aligns it automatically with the text field, and automatically uses the
          > instance name of the text field (mytext). The scroll bar appears as a
          > white
          > bar with a slight gradient on the left side.
          >
          > My publish settings are for Flash 8 (althought I tried with 6 and 7 as
          > well),
          > actionscript 2.0, basically standard stuff. When I publish it, the same
          > white
          > box with a slight gradient is there, in stead of a scroll bar with arrows.
          >
          > Now, when I tried making a totally new document with jsut a text box and a
          > UIScrollbar, it worked fine, so my components are in tact. Anyone got an
          > answer?
          >

• 2. Re: UIScrollBar Probem
            jerry@fcds
            I need similar help. It seems that the scrollbar is smart enough to determine whether it should be visible or invisible based on the content of the textarea. However, only the arrows are being made invisible. The track remains visible even when the scrollbar is "off".
            • 3. Re: UIScrollBar Probem
              VC727
              It works!!! I've had this same problem where every suggestion made was already true in my project (settings, instantiating etc) the only thing I found that actually works is to make sure that your dynamic text area and scrollBar are in a movie clip, but do not have them on the first 2 frames. Instead, start everything on frame 3. For some reason unknow to me it worked. If anybody knows why this does the trick I'd love to know!