9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2009 10:42 AM by fmike13

Context Menu

fmike13
      Hi. I am trying to add a context menu to my site with links to the various galleries. I have the below code which works when I use links to outside sites but not to my own. Can someone please help? Thanks!

• 1. Re: Context Menu
          sa22 Level 1
          not sure if this is the correct way to go about this, but this is wot i do

first of i make another layer and call it something like page

click the frames on this layer that u want to link to and from and give them a instance name. u should see a red flag on the frame when u do it

now create a button and add this code

on (release){
          gotoAndStop("page");
          }

the "page" u need to chg to the frame u want it to go to
          • 2. Re: Context Menu
            sa22 Level 1
            sry didn't read u wanted a context menu

for that i would make a new movie clip with all of the buttons in with the above code. then on another btn u want the menu to drop down from , double click on it and add the movie clip with the btns onto the over frame

like i said probably not the best or easiest way to do it but i'm not very fluent with action script!

try google for tutorials for the script r wait till some 1 else has a look!
            • 3. Re: Context Menu
              fmike13 Level 1
              The problem is the galleries are created via an external XML file, so I'm not sure how I would label the frames.
              • 4. Re: Context Menu
                sa22 Level 1
                u would have to add a blank movie clip that loads up the xml

but like i said this probably isn't the best way to go about it, more of a work around for people that arn't fluent with actionscript
                • 5. Re: Context Menu
                  kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                  what's supposed to happen when one of your clickMenu() functions execute and why are you using asfunctions?
                  • 6. Re: Context Menu
                    fmike13 Level 1
                    I am trying to get it to advance to the appropriate gallery. I used asfunction because it works for a text link and I do not know actionscript very well. I have attached the code that builds the gallery links from the xml file. How do I call up the appropriate function?

• 7. Re: Context Menu
                      kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                      and those onRelease handlers cause your application to "...advance to the appropriate gallery"?

• 8. Re: Context Menu
                        fmike13 Level 1
                        yup
                        • 9. Re: Context Menu
                          fmike13 Level 1
                          Figured it out. It was so simple, I can't believe it took me that long.