1 2 Previous Next 51 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2006 4:14 PM by Newsgroup_User

CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL

chelywalooo
      Hi everyone, I'm pretty much computer illiterate but I was wondering if there was a way to not have to "click to activate and use this control" everytime an activex, flash embedded item is in a webpage. Can anyone direct me how to change this?

I have Window's XP Service Pack 2
      IE Version 7.0

Thank you.
        • 1. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
          Level 7
          There are some tutorials out there on how to manually code this. HOWEVER -
          if you're using Dreamweaver 8, all you have to do is open the page that
          contains the Flash file, and it will do the rest.

"chelywalooo" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:efeit0$pec$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi everyone, I'm pretty much computer illiterate but I was wondering if
          > there
          > was a way to not have to "click to activate and use this control"
          > everytime an
          > activex, flash embedded item is in a webpage. Can anyone direct me how to
          > change this?
          >
          > I have Window's XP Service Pack 2
          > IE Version 7.0
          >
          > Thank you.
          >

• 2. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
            chelywalooo Level 1
            Thanks for the advice. I'm not creating my own pages or anything...it's just when I'm surfing the internet itself. Like, my yahoo home page. I just need to find a way to disable the click to activate.

Any more advice?

--thanks
            • 3. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
              Level 7
              you cant (as a non-developer). Search this forum - this is the #1 most talked about discussion for
              several months - in fact at leasttwice a day we see this topic asked - search google for "Click to
              activate this conteol" - literally millions of returns.

good luck

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
              --> www.mudbubble.com
              --> www.keyframer.com

chelywalooo wrote:
              > Thanks for the advice. I'm not creating my own pages or anything...it's just
              > when I'm surfing the internet itself. Like, my yahoo home page. I just need
              > to find a way to disable the click to activate.
              >
              > Any more advice?
              >
              > --thanks
              >
              • 4. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                Level 7
                Read this for all your answers

http://www.amarasoftware.com/flash-problem.htm

or

http://activecontent.blogspot.com/

Regards
                FlashJester Support Team
                e. - support@flashjester.com
                w. - http://www.flashjester.com

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and
                "mental illness."

• 6. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                  chelywalooo Level 1
                  thank you for all the quick responses. I did google it and found there is a tool from Microsoft you can download that fixes this BUT, you can't have IE version higher than 6 for it to work. Oh well, guess I'll be clicking to use that control.

Thanks everyone.
                  • 7. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                    Level 7
                    There is nothing as a web surfer that you can do, if you are using IE. It
                    is up to the person making the web page to make the page so it does not
                    happen.
                    --
                    Jecykl

• 8. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                      Nickels55 Level 2
                      Donjworks said it best - use Firefox. It's much better then IE (most of the time)
                      • 9. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                        Level 7
                        I agree - been using firefox for well over a year 99% of my surfing time.

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
                        --> www.mudbubble.com
                        --> www.keyframer.com

Nickels55 wrote:
                        > Donjworks said it best - use Firefox. It's much better then IE (most of the time)
                        • 10. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                          Level 7
                          Another option would be to <somehow> rollback IE6 to the before update
                          condition, and not let it make any future updtates.

"Chris Georgenes" <chris@REMOVEmudbubble.com> wrote in message
                          news:effn8c$c0f$19@forums.macromedia.com...
                          >I agree - been using firefox for well over a year 99% of my surfing time.
                          >
                          > ******************************************
                          > --> **Adobe Certified Expert**
                          > --> www.mudbubble.com
                          > --> www.keyframer.com
                          >
                          >
                          >
                          >
                          > Nickels55 wrote:
                          >> Donjworks said it best - use Firefox. It's much better then IE (most of
                          >> the time)

• 11. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                            Level 7

>
                            > --> www.mudbubble.com
                            > --> www.keyframer.com
                            >
                            >
                            >
                            >
                            > Nickels55 wrote:
                            >> the time)

• 12. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                              Level 7

>
                              > --> www.mudbubble.com
                              > --> www.keyframer.com
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              > Nickels55 wrote:
                              >> the time)

• 13. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                Level 7

>
                                > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                > --> www.keyframer.com
                                >
                                >
                                >
                                >
                                > Nickels55 wrote:
                                >> the time)

• 14. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                  Level 7

>
                                  > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                  > --> www.keyframer.com
                                  >
                                  >
                                  >
                                  >
                                  > Nickels55 wrote:
                                  >> the time)

• 15. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                    Level 7

>
                                    > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                    > --> www.keyframer.com
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > Nickels55 wrote:
                                    >> the time)

• 16. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                      Level 7

>
                                      > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                      > --> www.keyframer.com
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      > Nickels55 wrote:
                                      >> the time)

• 17. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                        Level 7

>
                                        > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                        > --> www.keyframer.com
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >
                                        >
                                        > Nickels55 wrote:
                                        >> the time)

• 18. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                          Level 7

>
                                          > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                          > --> www.keyframer.com
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          > Nickels55 wrote:
                                          >> the time)

• 19. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                            Level 7

>
                                            > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                            > --> www.keyframer.com
                                            >
                                            >
                                            >
                                            >
                                            > Nickels55 wrote:
                                            >> the time)

• 20. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                              Walter Elias Level 2
                                              Who is the "Newsgroup User" who posts eight or ten identical responses to every thread he/she replies to?
                                              • 21. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                                Level 7

>
                                                > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                                > --> www.keyframer.com
                                                >
                                                >
                                                >
                                                >
                                                > Nickels55 wrote:
                                                >> the time)

• 22. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                                  Level 7

>
                                                  > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                                  > --> www.keyframer.com
                                                  >
                                                  >
                                                  >
                                                  >
                                                  > Nickels55 wrote:
                                                  >> the time)

• 23. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                                    Level 7

>
                                                    > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                                    > --> www.keyframer.com
                                                    >
                                                    >
                                                    >
                                                    >
                                                    > Nickels55 wrote:
                                                    >> the time)

• 24. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                                      Level 7

>
                                                      > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                                      > --> www.keyframer.com
                                                      >
                                                      >
                                                      >
                                                      >
                                                      > Nickels55 wrote:
                                                      >> the time)

• 25. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                                        Level 7

>
                                                        > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                                        > --> www.keyframer.com
                                                        >
                                                        >
                                                        >
                                                        >
                                                        > Nickels55 wrote:
                                                        >> the time)

• 26. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                                          Level 7

>
                                                          > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                                          > --> www.keyframer.com
                                                          >
                                                          >
                                                          >
                                                          >
                                                          > Nickels55 wrote:
                                                          >> the time)

• 27. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                                            Level 7

>
                                                            > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                                            > --> www.keyframer.com
                                                            >
                                                            >
                                                            >
                                                            >
                                                            > Nickels55 wrote:
                                                            >> the time)

• 28. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                                              Level 7

>
                                                              > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                                              > --> www.keyframer.com
                                                              >
                                                              >
                                                              >
                                                              >
                                                              > Nickels55 wrote:
                                                              >> the time)

• 29. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                                                Level 7

>
                                                                > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                                                > --> www.keyframer.com
                                                                >
                                                                >
                                                                >
                                                                >
                                                                > Nickels55 wrote:
                                                                >> the time)

• 30. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                                                  Level 7

>
                                                                  > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                                                  > --> www.keyframer.com
                                                                  >
                                                                  >
                                                                  >
                                                                  >
                                                                  > Nickels55 wrote:
                                                                  >> the time)

• 31. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                                                    Level 7

>
                                                                    > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                                                    > --> www.keyframer.com
                                                                    >
                                                                    >
                                                                    >
                                                                    >
                                                                    > Nickels55 wrote:
                                                                    >> the time)

• 32. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                                                      Level 7

>
                                                                      > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                                                      > --> www.keyframer.com
                                                                      >
                                                                      >
                                                                      >
                                                                      >
                                                                      > Nickels55 wrote:
                                                                      >> the time)

• 33. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                                                        Level 7

>
                                                                        > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                                                        > --> www.keyframer.com
                                                                        >
                                                                        >
                                                                        >
                                                                        >
                                                                        > Nickels55 wrote:
                                                                        >> the time)

• 34. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                                                          Level 7

>
                                                                          > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                                                          > --> www.keyframer.com
                                                                          >
                                                                          >
                                                                          >
                                                                          >
                                                                          > Nickels55 wrote:
                                                                          >> the time)

• 35. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                                                            Level 7

>
                                                                            > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                                                            > --> www.keyframer.com
                                                                            >
                                                                            >
                                                                            >
                                                                            >
                                                                            > Nickels55 wrote:
                                                                            >> the time)

• 36. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                                                              Level 7

>
                                                                              > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                                                              > --> www.keyframer.com
                                                                              >
                                                                              >
                                                                              >
                                                                              >
                                                                              > Nickels55 wrote:
                                                                              >> the time)

• 37. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                                                                Level 7

>
                                                                                > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                                                                > --> www.keyframer.com
                                                                                >
                                                                                >
                                                                                >
                                                                                >
                                                                                > Nickels55 wrote:
                                                                                >> the time)

• 38. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                                                                  Level 7

>
                                                                                  > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                                                                  > --> www.keyframer.com
                                                                                  >
                                                                                  >
                                                                                  >
                                                                                  >
                                                                                  > Nickels55 wrote:
                                                                                  >> the time)

• 39. Re: CLICK TO ACTIVATE AND USE THIS CONTROL
                                                                                    Level 7

>
                                                                                    > --> www.mudbubble.com
                                                                                    > --> www.keyframer.com
                                                                                    >
                                                                                    >
                                                                                    >
                                                                                    >
                                                                                    > Nickels55 wrote:
                                                                                    >> the time)

1 2 Previous Next