We have just started to use FB2 and the Cold Fusion CRUD
wizard and like it a lot for basic table maintenance funtions..But
of course have a series of quesions to make the generated product
"production ready" All of these questions pertain to the code
generated by the Cold Fusion CRUD wizard.
1) Can you use the Cold Fusion Wizard to update a project
generated by the Wizard i.e., add another column to a datagrid or
add another master / detail maintenance to the menu? If so how?
2) Where do you insert (mxml page and section) an
mx.validation tag to validate an entry (such as phone) on a detail
update? And has anyone done a validation for a url?
3) Where do you insert (mxml page and section) a onClick tag
to click on a field (in a Master table) and go to the URL contained
in that field. ?
4) What are the mxml pages can you would access to edit
things like datagrid size, rowCounts, etc possible through the
designer. (This would be for both the Master, detail and
5) What mxml page can you edit to add additional menu items
to the Wizard generated menu?
6) Using a swf generated by the CF wizard on a very large
file (10,000 records) brought it to its knees. What would the
recommended access method for very large files?