Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context Sensitive Help Error Message

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2006 Sep 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The following messages appear when I click on the Context Sensitive Help button, then select a menu item in one of the programs I'm updating the help file for:

Help Command=HH_HELP_CONTEXT, ID=120549 (1d635)
HH_HELP_CONTEXT called without a [MAP] section.

I did assign Map IDs to topics and I did import updated map files into my project (map files and map IDs are created by our developers). After recompiling my project, the Context Sensitive Help is still not functioning, and the error message still appears.
In previous versions of this program, the Context Sensitive Help function works just fine.

Could something have broken in between the two versions? What would have caused this to occur if the latest map files were imported into the project, and Map IDs were assigned to the topics.

I'm seriously stumped.

Please, anyone help. We don't have a person in our office who's experienced enough in RoboHelp, so I have to rely on the RoboHelp Help Menu and these forums for assistance.

Thanks,
Felnic

Felicia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 05, 2006 Sep 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Felicia,

This can occur even when you have a [MAP] section clearly in your project if there is an error in a previous section. Open the .hhp file in Notepad and look at the sections after all the file listings. Let us know what is there. If you'd like you can email me the .hhp (project file) and I'll look at it.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2006 Sep 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I opened the .hhp file in Notepad. What exactly are you looking for to appear after the .htm files? I may be able to to just send you the file. I'll let you know for sure.

Thanks,

Felicia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Felicia,

Sorry if I wasn't clear on that. There should be a [MAP] section, linking to your .hh file. Since the error is reporting no [MAP] section, it might not be there but I have also seen times when something before the map section has erroneous syntax and the compiler just quits and doesn't include the section in the compiled file. This could be something like spaces in file names,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I'd like to go ahead and send the .hhp file to your email address if that's ok.

Thanks,
Felicia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 13, 2006 Sep 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm posting again just to let everyone know this wasn't resolved. The .hhp file did have a MAP section. There were lots of filenames with spaces including the .ali file immediately before the map section. When I tried putting spaces in an .ali file name RoboHelp would just create a new file, so I was unable to reproduce the error Felicia is seeing.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2006 Sep 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello John and everyone,

The Context Sensitive Help is now working in the program I created the Help file for. I ended up re-creating a new project using the same image and .htm files. I replaced the new map files with map files that were used in previous help projects for the same program. At first, the Context Sensitive Help function still didn't work, and I gave up on it. Suddenly this morning, it started functioning. I have a feeling it was a programming issue that had nothing to do with RoboHelp. Somehow it corrected itself on its own.

Thanks John for all of your suggestions and help!

Felicia (Felnic)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp