2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2006 5:40 AM by mfos

preloader - not loading movie

mfos
      Hi.
      I have a preloader on the first frame of my movie timeline. When i go to 'test scene', the preloader works and moves to the next frame to play the MC. When i go to 'test movie' the preloader sticks after all bytes have loaded. It does not move on to the 2nd frame.
      The same thing is happening when its loaded on the web, it sticks on the preloader but if you refresh the browser, the preloader moves onto the next frame as it should.
      Something weird is happening here and i need to know what i have done wrong.
      Help please.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: preloader - not loading movie
          Level 7

mfos wrote:
          > Hi.
          > I have a preloader on the first frame of my movie timeline. When i go to 'test
          > scene', the preloader works and moves to the next frame to play the MC. When i
          > go to 'test movie' the preloader sticks after all bytes have loaded. It does
          > not move on to the 2nd frame.
          > The same thing is happening when its loaded on the web, it sticks on the
          > preloader but if you refresh the browser, the preloader moves onto the next
          > frame as it should.
          > Something weird is happening here and i need to know what i have done wrong.
          > Help please.

the preloader is incorrect but we can't say anything based on "does not work"
          description.
          Copy paste your exact code or upload the problematic file for us to check.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: preloader - not loading movie
            mfos Level 1
            Hi urami
            I have just figured it out. I had used the SWF of the preloader FLA where i built my preloader instead of the SWF for the actual preloader MC which resided on my preloader FLA timeline. Works now but thanks for responding, appreciated.

Cheers
            M