3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2006 7:36 AM by Newsgroup_User

Define Custom Colors

ronmeh
      I am using dreamweaver 8 suite, and running on XP. The button 'define custom colors' is grayed out from every application and every instance that I try to use the sys color picker. Web safe is not selected. What am I doing wrong?
        • 1. Re: Define Custom Colors
          Level 7
          ronmeh wrote:
          > I am using dreamweaver 8 suite, and running on XP. The button 'define custom
          > colors' is grayed out from every application and every instance that I try to
          > use the sys color picker.

Where is the define custom colors button? :-)

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] **Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks**
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Define Custom Colors
            ronmeh Level 1
            on the sys color picker, under the custom colors. directions say to select a custom color box, then press define custom colors, select a color, and then press add to custom colors. seems to make sense except define custom colors is always grayed out.
            • 3. Re: Define Custom Colors
              Level 7
              ronmeh wrote:
              > on the sys color picker, under the custom colors. directions say to select a
              > custom color box, then press define custom colors, select a color, and then
              > press add to custom colors. seems to make sense except define custom colors is
              > always grayed out.
              >

I think the 'Define Custom Colors' button is just pointing to the panel.

Select one of the default system colors. Using the panel on the right,
              change (define) the new color, then 'Add To Custom Colors'.

SKB