0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2006 12:13 AM by wearHD.com

FileUpload Example Not Functioning

wearHD.com
      Hi,

I am new to ActionScript and trying to set up a website that allows users to upload their images and manipulate them. Last January I downloaded the Flash8 sample and found the FileUpload example there, and it worked great. I just ran it off my computer without using a server. (The server used is the macromedia website where they have a PHP file to use for the example).

I finally got the actual program, and for some reason the sample doesn't work anymore. I tried uploading it to my server and it still doesn't work. I get the same problem each time: the text area says "Attempting to upload [filename]" and then "Opening [filename]", and then it just stalls and does nothing. I don't get it!

I am uploading .jpg files (not progressing .jgps), and I have tried turning off my Norton internet security. Since it's macromedia's server with the PHP script, I figure the problem isn't there. Or has macromedia disabled the script for that example? Any ideas anyone?

I really appreciate your help! If you'd like me to post the code in the example, I'd be happy to do so. I am running on Windows XP.

Thanks,

wearHD