6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2006 10:15 AM by Newsgroup_User

flash PC vs MAC

nardove Level 1
      why is that?

where i work i use a PC and is a Intel Pentium 4 2.6GHz we use flash 2004 pro, and at home i use a imac G5 2.2GHz and flash is so slow!!!!! even the font on the software like the action panels looks like flash is about to crash when i publish a file in the PC is 70% quicker than the mac

how a bout the new intel base mac how is flash performance on those machines??

what you thing? have you ever experience that?

cheers
        • 1. Re: flash PC vs MAC
          Level 7
          search google or this forum - as far back as a few years - this has always been the case and been
          discussed over and over - not a new thing and yes a frustrating one which is the only reason I am on
          PCs as i run flash 24/7 - until flash runs just as fast or faster on Macs - i will stick with PCs.

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
          --> www.mudbubble.com
          --> www.keyframer.com

nardove wrote:
          > why is that?
          >
          > where i work i use a PC and is a Intel Pentium 4 2.6GHz we use flash 2004 pro,
          > and at home i use a imac G5 2.2GHz and flash is so slow!!!!! even the font on
          > the software like the action panels looks like flash is about to crash when i
          > publish a file in the PC is 70% quicker than the mac
          >
          > how a bout the new intel base mac how is flash performance on those machines??
          >
          > what you thing? have you ever experience that?
          >
          > cheers
          >
          • 2. Re: flash PC vs MAC
            Level 7
            In our testing Flash playback on intel macs is looking pretty good, and
            there is still quite a bit of optmization to be done in the player, I'd
            be surprised if playback was not as good or better on intel macs in the
            near future now that all the chip specific optimizations can be shared
            across OS's

--
            John Pattenden
            Screentime Media
            Flash Screen Saver, Application and Wallpaper tools
            http://www.screentime.com

• 3. Re: flash PC vs MAC
              Level 7
              I'm hoping for that - especially the dual xeon processor macs.

--> www.mudbubble.com
              --> www.keyframer.com

mProjector wrote:
              > In our testing Flash playback on intel macs is looking pretty good, and
              > there is still quite a bit of optmization to be done in the player, I'd
              > be surprised if playback was not as good or better on intel macs in the
              > near future now that all the chip specific optimizations can be shared
              > across OS's
              >
              • 4. Re: flash PC vs MAC
                nardove Level 1
                thanks for the comments

hi chris

you said "search google or this forum - as far back as a few years"
                yes but few years ago there was and older version of flash and also older computers i want comments uptodate and yes very frustrating!!! i wonder if some one whit a intel mac runing windows flash behave the same way??

and mProyector
                yes the playback is fine on the mac but the problem is when you publish and the software it self doesnt behave as on a pc
                so how flash behave on intel base macs when your are working on it?

thanks again!
                • 5. Re: flash PC vs MAC
                  Level 7
                  what do you mean by "behave"? what is the difference in behavior? is this something other than speed
                  and performance?

--> www.mudbubble.com
                  --> www.keyframer.com

nardove wrote:
                  > thanks for the comments
                  >
                  > hi chris
                  >
                  > you said "search google or this forum - as far back as a few years"
                  > yes but few years ago there was and older version of flash and also older
                  > computers i want comments uptodate and yes very frustrating!!! i wonder if some
                  > one whit a intel mac runing windows flash behave the same way??
                  >
                  > and mProyector
                  > yes the playback is fine on the mac but the problem is when you publish and
                  > the software it self doesnt behave as on a pc
                  > so how flash behave on intel base macs when your are working on it?
                  >
                  > thanks again!
                  >
                  • 6. Re: flash PC vs MAC
                    Level 7
                    its hard to address your question without a specific example, what I
                    can tell you is that in our testing Flash Playback keeps getting faster
                    and more reliable on intel macs, the plugin that shipped with them
                    initially (8r27 I think) was very buggy, we are at 9r18 or something
                    like that now, and we are seeing very few bugs, and very good
                    performance. File size is pretty spectacular though, since the 9
                    universal plugin is something like 9 mb...

--
                    John Pattenden
                    Screentime Media
                    Flash Screen Saver, Application and Wallpaper tools
                    http://www.screentime.com