1 2 Previous Next 58 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2006 5:40 PM by Newsgroup_User

Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText

melodank
      I'm bringing this up again. At first I thought this was only a Mac OSX issue, but it's not. Shockwave on PC won't return information via postNetText to PHP to Mysql 5 either.
      Mysql 4 works fine!!

Does ANYone have any insight into this issue?
      Is Adobe aware of it for their next Shockwave update?

This is a serious pain in the patootie for my project I've been on for years.
        • 1. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
          duckets Level 1
          Shockwave should have no direct connection with the SQL server, it should all be mediated through your php script, so the problem must be in your php script somewhere. For all shockwave knows, the php script could be pulling information from a plain text file. It shouldn't affect it where the data is coming from, just how php formats it for output. Perhaps you're using an sql command that behaves differently between mysql 4 and mysql 5?

Can you post the relevant portions of code (lingo and php) so we can see what's going on?

- Ben
          • 2. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
            melodank Level 1
            Thanks so much for the reply.
            I currently have 2 servers: the old one with mysql 4 and the new, better one with mysql 5. The following code works great on the old server but does not on the new one and it returns the 'put "Failed"' immediately. The php files are exactly the same on both servers.
            Question: do i need to put a ? at the end of the postNetText statement? I thought I may have read that somewhere, and if so, where does it go?
            Thanks!

on mouseUp me
            pInfoList = [#username: pUserName, #password: pPassWord]
            pNetID = postNetText(" http://www.url.com/folder/login.php",pInfoList)
            setAction = TRUE
            end

on exitFrame me
            if setAction then
            if netDone(pNetID) then
            member("tinfoReceived").text = string(netTextResult(pNetID))
            end if
            if member("tinfoReceived").text contains "logged in successfully" then
            -- run handlers
            setAction = FALSE
            else if member("tinfoReceived").text contains "wrong information" then
            -- give bad login info notice
            setAction = FALSE
            else
            put "Failed"
            setAction = FALSE
            end if
            end if
            end
            • 3. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
              melodank Level 1
              Btw, when I'm working on the file in Director, the connections to the msyql 5 database work perfectly. It's only when I render to shockwave that the connection doesn't happen.
              : )
              • 4. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                duckets Level 1

Perhaps you could add a line to your php script which dumps the $_REQUEST array (see "print_r"), so you can see exactly what data is being passed by your shockwave movie. You should also change your shockwave movie to dump the netTextResult into a text field, so you can see the results returned by your server (an sql error perhaps, or something else?).

Try changing your infolist to use strings as the parameters instead of symbols. There can be some bizarre capitalisation issues with symbol names which is avoided if you use strings. Eg:

pInfoList = ["username": pUserName, "password": pPassWord]

hope this helps,

- Ben
                • 5. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                  melodank Level 1
                  Thanks for the advice. I am putting the results into a text member and it just turns blank with no text:
                  if netDone(pNetID) then
                  member("tinfoReceived").text = string(netTextResult(pNetID))
                  end if

I changed to your advised pInfoList = ["username": pUserName, "password": pPassWord], but it still works in Director and not in Shockwave.

Oi oi oi...
                  • 6. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                    Level 7
                    On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:01:53 GMT, melodank posted in
                    macromedia.director.basics:

> Thanks so much for the reply.
                    > I currently have 2 servers: the old one with mysql 4 and the new,
                    > better one with mysql 5. The following code works great on the old
                    > server but does not on the new one and it returns the 'put "Failed"'
                    > immediately. The php files are exactly the same on both servers.

One common thing folks run into during such an upgrade is that the old php
                    setup had register_globals on (BAD!) and the new one has it off.

See if your php script is getting the variables via the $_POST
                    superglobal. $somevar = $_POST['variableName']

> Question: do i need to put a ? at the end of the postNetText statement?

No need.

Are both of following handlers in the same script?
                    If yes, have you declared all those variables as properties?
                    If no, are they global variable and declared as such in both scripts?

> on mouseUp me
                    > pInfoList = [#username: pUserName, #password: pPassWord]
                    > pNetID = postNetText(" http://www.url.com/folder/login.php",pInfoList)
                    > setAction = TRUE
                    > end
                    >
                    > on exitFrame me
                    > if setAction then
                    > if netDone(pNetID) then
                    > member("tinfoReceived").text = string(netTextResult(pNetID))

[snip]

What do you get with netError()? Off the top of my head, something like:

if netDone(pNetID) then
                    if NOT (netError() = "OK") then
                    member("errorText") = netError()
                    put "Failed"
                    else

--
                    Mark A. Boyd
                    Keep-On-Learnin' :)
                    • 7. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                      Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                      > setAction = TRUE
                      > end
                      >
                      > on exitFrame me
                      > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                      put "Failed"
                      else

--
                      Mark A. Boyd
                      • 8. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                        Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                        > setAction = TRUE
                        > end
                        >
                        > on exitFrame me
                        > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                        put "Failed"
                        else

--
                        Mark A. Boyd
                        • 9. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                          Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                          > setAction = TRUE
                          > end
                          >
                          > on exitFrame me
                          > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                          put "Failed"
                          else

--
                          Mark A. Boyd
                          • 10. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                            Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                            > setAction = TRUE
                            > end
                            >
                            > on exitFrame me
                            > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                            put "Failed"
                            else

--
                            Mark A. Boyd
                            • 11. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                              Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                              > setAction = TRUE
                              > end
                              >
                              > on exitFrame me
                              > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                              put "Failed"
                              else

--
                              Mark A. Boyd
                              • 12. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                > setAction = TRUE
                                > end
                                >
                                > on exitFrame me
                                > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                put "Failed"
                                else

--
                                Mark A. Boyd
                                • 13. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                  Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                  > setAction = TRUE
                                  > end
                                  >
                                  > on exitFrame me
                                  > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                  put "Failed"
                                  else

--
                                  Mark A. Boyd
                                  • 14. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                    Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                    > setAction = TRUE
                                    > end
                                    >
                                    > on exitFrame me
                                    > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                    put "Failed"
                                    else

--
                                    Mark A. Boyd
                                    • 15. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                      Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                      > setAction = TRUE
                                      > end
                                      >
                                      > on exitFrame me
                                      > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                      put "Failed"
                                      else

--
                                      Mark A. Boyd
                                      • 16. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                        Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                        > setAction = TRUE
                                        > end
                                        >
                                        > on exitFrame me
                                        > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                        put "Failed"
                                        else

--
                                        Mark A. Boyd
                                        • 17. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                          Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                          > setAction = TRUE
                                          > end
                                          >
                                          > on exitFrame me
                                          > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                          put "Failed"
                                          else

--
                                          Mark A. Boyd
                                          • 18. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                            Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                            > setAction = TRUE
                                            > end
                                            >
                                            > on exitFrame me
                                            > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                            put "Failed"
                                            else

--
                                            Mark A. Boyd
                                            • 19. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                              Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                              > setAction = TRUE
                                              > end
                                              >
                                              > on exitFrame me
                                              > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                              put "Failed"
                                              else

--
                                              Mark A. Boyd
                                              • 20. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                                Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                                > setAction = TRUE
                                                > end
                                                >
                                                > on exitFrame me
                                                > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                                put "Failed"
                                                else

--
                                                Mark A. Boyd
                                                • 21. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                                  Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                                  > setAction = TRUE
                                                  > end
                                                  >
                                                  > on exitFrame me
                                                  > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                                  put "Failed"
                                                  else

--
                                                  Mark A. Boyd
                                                  • 22. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                                    Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                                    > setAction = TRUE
                                                    > end
                                                    >
                                                    > on exitFrame me
                                                    > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                                    put "Failed"
                                                    else

--
                                                    Mark A. Boyd
                                                    • 23. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                                      Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                                      > setAction = TRUE
                                                      > end
                                                      >
                                                      > on exitFrame me
                                                      > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                                      put "Failed"
                                                      else

--
                                                      Mark A. Boyd
                                                      • 24. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                                        Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                                        > setAction = TRUE
                                                        > end
                                                        >
                                                        > on exitFrame me
                                                        > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                                        put "Failed"
                                                        else

--
                                                        Mark A. Boyd
                                                        • 25. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                                          Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                                          > setAction = TRUE
                                                          > end
                                                          >
                                                          > on exitFrame me
                                                          > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                                          put "Failed"
                                                          else

--
                                                          Mark A. Boyd
                                                          • 26. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                                            Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                                            > setAction = TRUE
                                                            > end
                                                            >
                                                            > on exitFrame me
                                                            > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                                            put "Failed"
                                                            else

--
                                                            Mark A. Boyd
                                                            • 27. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                                              Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                                              > setAction = TRUE
                                                              > end
                                                              >
                                                              > on exitFrame me
                                                              > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                                              put "Failed"
                                                              else

--
                                                              Mark A. Boyd
                                                              • 28. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                                                Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                                                > setAction = TRUE
                                                                > end
                                                                >
                                                                > on exitFrame me
                                                                > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                                                put "Failed"
                                                                else

--
                                                                Mark A. Boyd
                                                                • 29. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                                                  Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                                                  > setAction = TRUE
                                                                  > end
                                                                  >
                                                                  > on exitFrame me
                                                                  > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                                                  put "Failed"
                                                                  else

--
                                                                  Mark A. Boyd
                                                                  • 30. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                                                    Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                                                    > setAction = TRUE
                                                                    > end
                                                                    >
                                                                    > on exitFrame me
                                                                    > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                                                    put "Failed"
                                                                    else

--
                                                                    Mark A. Boyd
                                                                    • 31. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                                                      Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                                                      > setAction = TRUE
                                                                      > end
                                                                      >
                                                                      > on exitFrame me
                                                                      > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                                                      put "Failed"
                                                                      else

--
                                                                      Mark A. Boyd
                                                                      • 32. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                                                        Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                                                        > setAction = TRUE
                                                                        > end
                                                                        >
                                                                        > on exitFrame me
                                                                        > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                                                        put "Failed"
                                                                        else

--
                                                                        Mark A. Boyd
                                                                        • 33. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                                                          Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                                                          > setAction = TRUE
                                                                          > end
                                                                          >
                                                                          > on exitFrame me
                                                                          > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                                                          put "Failed"
                                                                          else

--
                                                                          Mark A. Boyd
                                                                          • 34. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                                                            Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                                                            > setAction = TRUE
                                                                            > end
                                                                            >
                                                                            > on exitFrame me
                                                                            > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                                                            put "Failed"
                                                                            else

--
                                                                            Mark A. Boyd
                                                                            • 35. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                                                              Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                                                              > setAction = TRUE
                                                                              > end
                                                                              >
                                                                              > on exitFrame me
                                                                              > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                                                              put "Failed"
                                                                              else
                                                                              ...

--
                                                                              Mark A. Boyd
                                                                              • 36. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                                                                Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                                                                > setAction = TRUE
                                                                                > end
                                                                                >
                                                                                > on exitFrame me
                                                                                > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                                                                put "Failed"
                                                                                else
                                                                                ...

--
                                                                                Mark A. Boyd
                                                                                • 37. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                                                                  Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                                                                  > setAction = TRUE
                                                                                  > end
                                                                                  >
                                                                                  > on exitFrame me
                                                                                  > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                                                                  put "Failed"
                                                                                  else
                                                                                  ...

--
                                                                                  Mark A. Boyd
                                                                                  • 38. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                                                                    Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                                                                    > setAction = TRUE
                                                                                    > end
                                                                                    >
                                                                                    > on exitFrame me
                                                                                    > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                                                                    put "Failed"
                                                                                    else
                                                                                    ...

--
                                                                                    Mark A. Boyd
                                                                                    • 39. Re: Shockwave, Mysql 5 and postNetText
                                                                                      Level 7

No need.

> on mouseUp me
                                                                                      > setAction = TRUE
                                                                                      > end
                                                                                      >
                                                                                      > on exitFrame me
                                                                                      > if setAction then

[snip]

if netDone(pNetID) then
                                                                                      put "Failed"
                                                                                      else
                                                                                      ...

--
                                                                                      Mark A. Boyd
                                                                                      1 2 Previous Next