2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2009 4:24 AM by Newsgroup_User

DreamWeaver CS4

redwing19
      I would like to make a template from one of the photo navigation pages generated by DreamWeaver's Create Web Photo Album. Here' the way I have tried to do this:

(1) Created a photo album with navigation page for each for each photo.

(2) Made a duplicate of one of these navigation pages to use as a basis for my template. I then modified this page (changed background color, made some simple formatting changes and added a description text area below the photo.) Saved the page as a template.

At this point I wanted to make the photo area and text area editable regions so that when applied to the other navigation pages the new formatting take place.

(3) Chose Modify-->Templates-->Make Attribute Editable to make the photo area (640X480) and the new text area editable regions.

(4) Saved the template.

(5) When I tried to apply the template to the other navigation pages it did not work. The results were not consistent with all navigation pages.

My question is whether this general process is theoretically okay and the problem lies in the details as to how I tried to implement it. If you have any other suggestions as to how I can modify all the navigation pages without going through each on individually I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
      Redwing19
        • 1. Re: DreamWeaver CS4
          Level 7

> (5) When I tried to apply the template to the other navigation pages it did
          > not work. The results were not consistent with all navigation pages.

What would work-

modify the template that is used to GENERATE the photo album, so that the
          pages that are created are child pages of a template.

this google groups search should bring several posts about this made years
          agao i think.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=dreamweaver+blu+photo+album+template

the short version-
          Find where the templates for the creation of the photo albums are kept.
          Duplicate the folder of the one you want to modify so you don't destroy the
          original files.

edit the page to add the html comments that would be in a dreamweaver child
          page. Do NOT insert the html comments that are in a .dwt template file- you
          want to generate child pages.

then, modify a copy of the file, inserting the .dwt template html comments
          in the proper places, and place it in this site's Template folder. Make all
          the paths for any images used in the .dwt correct from this location in the
          Templates folder to where the images actually are, in the generated photo
          album folder. Otherwise, you'll break all those paths.

You can also create your own page to be the basis of generating a photo
          album, just study the syntax for the existing ones
          --
          Alan
          Adobe Community Expert, dreamweaver

http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/

• 2. Re: DreamWeaver CS4
            Level 7
            A suggestion - in the future when you post, please try to use a more
            descriptive subject line. Perhaps in this case you might have considered
            "Create Template from Photoalbum" or something similar. This is a big help
            for others searching for their own answers, and to us when scanning subjects
            looking for areas of expertise. You can't imagine how many other posts are
            made with exactly the same subject as you have used here....

--
            Murray --- ICQ 71997575
            Adobe Community Expert
            (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
            ==================
            http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            ==================

"redwing19" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:gl8ovl$hmi$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >I would like to make a template from one of the photo navigation pages
            > generated by DreamWeaver's Create Web Photo Album. Here' the way I have
            > tried
            > to do this:
            >
            > (1) Created a photo album with navigation page for each for each photo.
            >
            > (2) Made a duplicate of one of these navigation pages to use as a basis
            > for my
            > template. I then modified this page (changed background color, made some
            > simple
            > formatting changes and added a description text area below the photo.)
            > Saved
            > the page as a template.
            >
            > At this point I wanted to make the photo area and text area editable
            > regions
            > so that when applied to the other navigation pages the new formatting take
            > place.
            >
            > (3) Chose Modify-->Templates-->Make Attribute Editable to make the photo
            > area
            > (640X480) and the new text area editable regions.
            >
            > (4) Saved the template.
            >
            > (5) When I tried to apply the template to the other navigation pages it
            > did
            > not work. The results were not consistent with all navigation pages.
            >
            > My question is whether this general process is theoretically okay and the
            > problem lies in the details as to how I tried to implement it. If you have
            > any
            > other suggestions as to how I can modify all the navigation pages without
            > going
            > through each on individually I would appreciate it.
            >
            > Thanks.
            > Redwing19
            >