2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2006 1:34 PM by VaporAction

pause before function

VaporAction Level 1
      I'm making an animation in which the user can drag an object (mc) and when it is released it pauses for 5 seconds and then begins moving...
      I had hoped to be able to simply make a function (Pause) that would count down the 5 seconds and then when Times >= 5 it would perform the move function repeatedly...
      But it's not performing the move function...I don't understand setInterval very well so it may be a problem with that...
      Here's my code....
        • 1. Re: pause before function
          Blakice_iceman Level 1
          Hello Vapor,
          If it were me, I would probably just make that animation's mc start on a later frame in the timeline. Example, when a user released the object it tells the mc in a certain frame label to gotoAndPlay("frame labe"). In that mc I would have nothing for the first 150 frames (given if you were setting your frame rate to 30) then it would lead into the animation desired.

Not sure if that is the answer you are looking for, but I know I sometimes over-complicate things I need done thinking there is a certain Actionscript code for it, and I end up wasting more time trying to find the answer. 150 blank frames in an animation mc shouldn't add much, if anything, to the overall file size of the swf.

Elijah
          • 2. Re: pause before function
            VaporAction Level 1
            nvm, I found a solution...