2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2009 9:56 AM by Droto

Data in one field requires data in another field

I am trying to build a form that forces data entry (text) into a field if a previous ( or other ) field has data in it.
      Example: If there is data in the "Full Name" block, you have to put data in the "Crew Name" block.
      If the "Crew Name" block contains data, all is fine, otherwise an error message is created.
      Also, how do I validate this ( is it even required ? )
      Thanks ! ~The Noob~
        • 1. Re: Data in one field requires data in another field
          Level 7
          Droto wrote:
          > I am trying to build a form that forces data entry (text) into a field if a
          > previous ( or other ) field has data in it.
          > Example: If there is data in the "Full Name" block, you have to put data in
          > the "Crew Name" block.
          > If the "Crew Name" block contains data, all is fine, otherwise an error
          > message is created.
          > Also, how do I validate this ( is it even required ? )
          > Thanks ! ~The Noob~
          >
          Are you saying that "Full Name" is not required? But if there is data in
          the "Full Name" field, then "Crew Name" is required?
          Mick
          • 2. Re: Data in one field requires data in another field
            Level 1
            Yes...Michael, each crew is made of 7 (or less) participants, Crew Leaders forget to name thier crews. I don't know how hard it is to code all 7 "Full Name" blocks so i was trying to keep it simple. I would preferr that if ANY of the 'Full Name" blocks has data, that "Crew Name" also must contain data. (In case a line is skipped). All 7 "Crew Name" slots are not required to be filled, but if ANY of them are, "Please Name Your Crew"...lol