6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2006 7:59 AM by Newsgroup_User

Tween class in loaded mcs

aniebel Level 2
      I can't seem to find anything that says you can't use the tween class in movie clips that will be loaded into other movie clips that also use the tween class. Can anyone shed some light on this subject for me? My tweens are not working in my loaded swfs but do as stand alones. I do not have any _root references in my clips.

• 1. Re: Tween class in loaded mcs
          Level 7
          aniebel wrote:
          > I can't seem to find anything that says you can't use the tween class in movie
          > clips that will be loaded into other movie clips that also use the tween class.
          > Can anyone shed some light on this subject for me? My tweens are not working in
          > my loaded swfs but do as stand alones. I do not have any _root references in my
          > clips.
          >
          >
          >

There is no problem with using tweens in nested clips. Check that you
          use either fully qualified calls (e.g. var tween = new
          mx.transitions.Tween(...); ) or that you import the classes you need
          inside your clips (e.g. import mx.transitions.Tween;)

James O'Reilly - JOR
          www.jamesor.com
          • 2. Re: Tween class in loaded mcs
            aniebel Level 2
            Thanks, James. That leaves one less issue for me to try and troubleshoot. If I am using a particular tween in my root movie, can that same tween (via a function) be used in a loaded swf? For instance, I had set up functions using these tweens like the one below and I call them with the appropriate parameters when needed.
            • 3. Re: Tween class in loaded mcs
              aniebel Level 2
              Thanks, James. That leaves one less issue for me to try and troubleshoot. If I am using a particular tween in my root movie, can that same tween (via a function) be used in a loaded swf? For instance, I had set up functions using these tweens like the one below and I call them with the appropriate parameters when needed.
              • 4. Re: Tween class in loaded mcs
                aniebel Level 2
                Ok, I figured it out... I had the nested mc's published for FP6 which is what I need them at for advertising but for this purpose, it will have to be changed to publish for FP8. I guess if the root movie is published for FP8, then the nested movies must also be in order to take advantage of the tween class?

Thanks again, James. If you hadn't of helped me, I'd still be looking down the wrong avenue.
                • 5. Re: Tween class in loaded mcs
                  aniebel Level 2
                  Ok, I figured it out... I had the nested mc's published for FP6 which is what I need them at for advertising but for this purpose, it will have to be changed to publish for FP8. I guess if the root movie is published for FP8, then the nested movies must also be in order to take advantage of the tween class?

Thanks again, James. If you hadn't of helped me, I'd still be looking down the wrong avenue.
                  • 6. Re: Tween class in loaded mcs
                    Level 7
                    aniebel wrote:
                    > Ok, I figured it out... I had the nested mc's published for FP6 which is what I
                    > need them at for advertising but for this purpose, it will have to be changed
                    > to publish for FP8. I guess if the root movie is published for FP8, then the
                    > nested movies must also be in order to take advantage of the tween class?
                    >
                    > Thanks again, James. If you hadn't of helped me, I'd still be looking down the
                    > wrong avenue.
                    >

Cool. Glad you noticed that you were publishing for both 8 and 6. I
                    don't think I would have thought of that.

Good Luck,

James O'Reilly
                    www.jamesor.com