1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 4, 2006 1:25 PM by Newsgroup_User

help with probably a simple problem

inferno272

ok, so im not a total noob to fireworks, im pretty decent with it, but im trying to do something thats driving me nuts.

ive got an image with like hundreds of layers, and what im trying to do, is to sorta make one long cut (like with a knife or something), right in the middle of the image, and move everything on the bottom part down, and draw some new stuff inbetween the part when i cut it and the top part to connect the 2 new images. ive tried using the marquee tool, the knife tool, all they do is cut whatever layer happens to be on top, i want to make this cut along ALL the layers, i tried selecting all the layers, and performing a marquee drag, i tried using the knife tool, i cant get this simple thing to happen.

please help, i need to have these flyers done by tomorrow or so, and this is really killing the time i have left to finish everything.

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: help with probably a simple problem
          Level 7
          Choose Edit > Select All, and then Modify Group. Add a new layer.

Clone the group on the old layer and drag the clone onto the new layer.

Draw a white rectangle halfway across the canvas, from left to right, on
          the first layer. Select both the rectangle and the image group and
          choose Modify > Mask > Group as mask.

Draw a white rectangle halfway across the canvas, from right to left, on
          the second layer. Select both the rectangle and the image group and
          choose Modify > Mask > Group as mask.

Insert a new layer and drag it between the two existing ones.

You now have both haves if the image group on two separate layers, and
          can move the mask groups to on side or the other to place stuff between
          them on the middle layer.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] **Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks**
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
          --------------------------------------------------------------