3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2006 1:39 AM by RoboColum(n)

File Location

kchandler Level 1
      Hi There,

Can anyone help?

We have developed a template for use in PowerPoint and written training file in RoboHELP. We will be publishing has a Microsoft HTML .
      We have been asked to integrate the .ChM file into the PowerPoint 2003 help so that users can access the template help system from the help menu within PowerPoint.
      Is this possible and could somebody give me a steer in the right direction.

Thank you

Cheers/Ken
        • 1. Re: File Location
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Hi Ken. You seem to be asking whether it is possible to amend Microsoft's Powerpoint source code to add a link to your own template CHM file. Is that correct? As to whether this is possible, the answer is "Yes" but only if you manage to convince MS to add a mod to their product just so you can add a link to your file. It is MS's source you'd require access to. They won't let you or anyone else near it and would be unlikely to do as you want for you. I wish I could think of a way around this apart from placing the CHM on everyone's desktop and educating them to use it.
          • 2. Re: File Location
            kchandler Level 1
            Hi Colum,

Perhaps I should explain more clearly. I want to be able to place an entry on the PowerPoint Help drop down menu that will link to my help project. I had done this once before with outlook but I cannot recall how it was accomplished.

I hope this is a little clearer.

Thank you for your assistance.

Cheers/Ken
            • 3. Re: File Location
              RoboColum(n) Level 5
              Hi Ken. I'm not from a developer background so I'm not going to be able to help. This does seem to be more of a Microsoft PP issue rather than a help issue so perhaps would be better directed at a different forum. That said, there may be people on here who can help. Best if luck.