3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2006 12:48 PM by Newsgroup_User

Is this Amazon reader an Adobe product??

jezzthisisfull Level 1
      Hi, Amazon offers the ability to read books online for an additional charge through a special reader -- is their reader created with an Adobe product or is it simply javascript proprietary to Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0471671584/

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Is this Amazon reader an Adobe product??
          derobinson Level 1
          It appears to be Javascript. View the page source code for a sneek peak.
          • 2. Re: Is this Amazon reader an Adobe product??
            jezzthisisfull Level 1
            I was hoping it was an Adobe product called through the javascript -- some modification of PDF or Flashpaper? Quite impressive for javascript alone and might not bode very well for the future of either Flash or Acrobat -- there was a time when such a reader would have been only possible if it were an Adobe/Macromedia product.

Is it definitely javascript alone?
            • 3. Re: Is this Amazon reader an Adobe product??
              Level 7
              seeing that flash is capable of making sosmething like this and anything else you can imagine - I
              personally doubt js will replace flash because of this particular application - js and flash have
              been around for years and often are tools that developers use in tandem - one isn't better than the
              other or is capable of fully replacing the other because of a very specific application. (imo)

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
              --> www.mudbubble.com
              --> www.keyframer.com

jezzthisisfull wrote:
              > I was hoping it was an Adobe product called through the javascript -- some
              > modification of PDF or Flashpaper? Quite impressive for javascript alone and
              > might not bode very well for the future of either Flash or Acrobat -- there was
              > a time when such a reader would have been only possible if it were an
              > Adobe/Macromedia product.
              >
              > Is it definitely javascript alone?
              >