1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 3, 2006 3:34 AM by macrofireball

Bad audio recording

Paul_RedCordial
      Hey there,

Strange problem with Captivate 1.01, that's happened on two different PC with different microphones.

Was working with a file and adding/recording new audio for some slides .. all working well then without warning every time I recorded the audio it’s recorded noise..

Worked ok, moved to next slide press record and no go (no settings changes, <30secs later).

If I record audio with screen capture it works fine .. loud and clear … add audio after, no love…

Re-installed application, audio drivers, purchased a new mic… and still, records ok if capture both, but not if I only record audio alone. (and it worked before now doesn't, again no settings changed)

??? any one had the same problem..

• 1. Re: Bad audio recording
          macrofireball Level 3
          Hello Paul,

In this first instance I would suggest that you export the audio files that contain noise and listen to them using Windows built-in sound recorder applet - Sound Recorder, to do this follow these steps:

Exporting Captivate audio
          1. Choose Audio > Advanced audio...
          2. Select the file(s) you want to export (to select multiple fies hold down the Ctrl key)
          3. Click Export

Playing the audio files.
          1. Choose Start > Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Sound Recorder
          2. File > Open
          3. Browse to select the desired file and click Open
          4. Press the Spacebar.

Can you still hear just noise? Also did you record the audio using Captivate's built-in audio recorder or did you use a third-party application?

Regards,
          Mark