Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad audio recording

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2006 Sep 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Strange problem with Captivate 1.01, that's happened on two different PC with different microphones.

Was working with a file and adding/recording new audio for some slides .. all working well then without warning every time I recorded the audio it’s recorded noise..

Worked ok, moved to next slide press record and no go (no settings changes, <30secs later).

If I record audio with screen capture it works fine .. loud and clear … add audio after, no love…

Re-installed application, audio drivers, purchased a new mic… and still, records ok if capture both, but not if I only record audio alone. (and it worked before now doesn't, again no settings changed)

??? any one had the same problem..

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 03, 2006 Oct 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Paul,

In this first instance I would suggest that you export the audio files that contain noise and listen to them using Windows built-in sound recorder applet - Sound Recorder, to do this follow these steps:

Exporting Captivate audio
1. Choose Audio > Advanced audio...
2. Select the file(s) you want to export (to select multiple fies hold down the Ctrl key)
3. Click Export

Playing the audio files.
1. Choose Start > Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Sound Recorder
2. File > Open
3. Browse to select the desired file and click Open
4. Press the Spacebar.

Can you still hear just noise? Also did you record the audio using Captivate's built-in audio recorder or did you use a third-party application?

Regards,
Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources