5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2006 4:08 PM by Infonomics

Document Outline Not Converting As Expected

Jerilyn Level 1
      I have a word document with two levels of headings. The Flashpaper options "Include Outline" is checked. The problem is, Flashpaper is only including the first level heading, not the second one. Also, when you click on one of the headings in the flashpaper document, it links to a completely unrelated page in the document.
        • 1. Re: Document Outline Not Converting As Expected
          joseph skelly
          Jerilyn,
          Did you get your document outline problem resolved? I cannot get the outline to work at all, but I am using the trial version and I suspect that the functionality may be disabled although I cannot find that explicitly stated anywhere.
          Joseph
          • 2. Re: Document Outline Not Converting As Expected
            joseph skelly Level 1
            Just an update on my previous post, I do have the outline function working now. It seems like it only started working after I restarted my PC. Maybe it has something to do with how the Flash installation associates itself with MS Office. Unfortunaltely, as you note, the outline links do not go to the correct locations. For me, they are off by exactly one page. Too bad there is no way to fix this.
            • 3. Document Outline Not Converting As Expected
              joseph skelly Level 1
              I have resolved my Outline issues:
              1. When I create the FlashPaper document using the FlashPaper toolbar that is installed in Word, an outline is NOT created. However when I create the FlashPaper document using the FlashPaper menu command installed in Word, I DO get an outline (provided I have selected the Include Outline checkbox in the Options dialog box).
              2. As for outline links going to the wrong location, after a careful review of the Word document during which I replaced a page break immediately followed by a section break with a single combination section-page break, I was able to get the outline links accurate.
              My outline runs four levels deep.
              • 4. Re: Document Outline Not Converting As Expected
                tc6
                I ran into a similar situation. In the case of my document, it turned out that it had to do with:

1. The fact that I had images on many of the pages.
                2. Trying to fit too much on a page with images.

There was nothing else I would consider out of the ordinary: no hidden text, comments, etc. When I moved some of the text to the following page and converted the document again, my outline links were fine.

In my case, I think it must be that FlashPaper determines page length and size in a slightly different way than Word does, since starting the new page a few lines earlier seemed to do the trick.

• 5. Re: Document Outline Not Converting As Expected
                  Infonomics
                  The FlashPaper documentation reads that a FlashPaper menu will appear in MS Word. I have MS Word 2003 yet I do not see this menu. Any suggestions?