3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2006 10:30 AM by yoboxe

problem with memory...in Flash

F1sk
      Hello. I work in Flash MX and recently i draw a small animated film in Flash (about 5MB). When i almost finished i receive this message:
      "There is not enough memory to open this scene. Your document is not damaged and may be safle saved.
      To increase available memory, close open documents or quit and use the Get Info command in the Finder to allocate more memory to Flash."
      Does enybody know what is "Get Info command" or what is "Finder"?
      P.S. I have 2GB DDR memory on my PS, so... may be Flash want to increase available virtual memory.
      I set up 5GB size of virtual memory - it still doesn't work:)
        • 1. Re: problem with memory...in Flash
          Rafiq Elmansy, AEL, ACP Level 2
          is the 5MB is the site of your FLA fiel or SWF? if your FLA file is big try to divid it into more than one movie that load after each other, hope this helps
          • 2. Re: problem with memory...in Flash
            F1sk Level 1
            I have only FLA file and i can not modify it (and also cann't make SWF file), becouse when i try to open my file i receive "terrible message" immediately :)
            • 3. Re: problem with memory...in Flash
              yoboxe Level 1
              Low memory? Not enough memory to open a scene?

I ran into this problem and I am running a dual G5 with 6 GIGS of ram! There is no way for me to possibly be out or ram.

So, I looked on all the forums and found the advice "go to the finder and use get info to change the memory specifications for flash". well, in OS X there is no need for this as applications are more dynamically allocated ram. Also, I tried to enter new info into the memory input fields in the get info and there was no way to unlock them! Of course, I checked ownership, rights, etc...

So, back to the drawing board... well, as you might have suspected. It was a single, corrupted graphic element! A symbol element, to be precise.

Even scrolling down to it in the Library list caused my flash to crash. I had to do a little keyboard gymnastics but managed to delete after the first couple of tries. Then, I saved my cleaned version and re-imported the needed graphic. worked like a charm. Now I can publish, open, and export my document without flash telling me I am low on ram.

MACROMEDIA GUYS... WHAT THE HELL?? WHY CAN'T YOU SEEM TO PRODUCE PRODUCTS THAT HAVE MORE DOCUMENT STABILITY AND APPLICATION INTEGRITY. DON'T BLAME IT ON THE OS, I HAVE NEVER HAD PHOTOSHOP CRASH AND IT IS A MUCH BIGGER BEAST THAN FLASH!!!!

Now that, that's been said. I hope any of this rambling helps someone else who is on a deadline and pulling out their hair because the document that worked fine yesterday, suddently decided not to open today.