2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2006 9:26 AM by Tom Benjamin

Simple Filedeployer and supporting files

Tom Benjamin Level 1
      Using the Simple Filedeployer to move updates from my staging server to the live web server, supporting PDF files do not always get copied.

When I was testing Contribute 3.1.1 and the CPS I didn't run into this issue. Now that it's live I do, and that's not good!

I know I've seen a post about this before, but I can't find it using the search of archived messages - I wish I could see them all but that's another issue.
        • 1. Re: Simple Filedeployer and supporting files
          Level 7
          > Using the Simple Filedeployer to move updates from my staging server
          > to the live web server, supporting PDF files do not always get copied.
          >
          > When I was testing Contribute 3.1.1 and the CPS I didn't run into
          > this issue. Now that it's live I do, and that's not good!
          >
          > I know I've seen a post about this before, but I can't find it using
          > the search of archived messages - I wish I could see them all but
          > that's another issue.
          >

Hi,
          What kind of issue are you facing ?

-Avinash

• 2. Re: Simple Filedeployer and supporting files
            Tom Benjamin Level 1
            My first issue if with the CPS: what's happening is that PDFs linked to a page and images in a page are not always getting deployed by the Simple Filedeployer. They appear in the list of associated files in the Simple Filedeployer console, but do not get copied from the staging server tot he live server. I haven't yet noticed any pattern to why some do get copied and others don't.

My second issue is searching the archived messages. I can paste text from a old topic I've bookmarked under my profile, but I can't get the advanced search to find that entry. Something must be broken, or some of the archived topics have been deleted.