4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2006 9:21 AM by dotcom012

Get flash to go over text below it

dotcom012
      I am trying to get a flash drop down menu to go over the text below it, the actual size of the button is 155w X 26h and it will show the button but when u put ur mouse over it it will not drop down the text, the actual size of the button and the submenus is about 155w X 266h but if u make the size of that in the HTML document, it shots everything out of range. any suggestions....t

thanks
        • 1. Re: Get flash to go over text below it
          Level 7

dotcom012 wrote:
          > I am trying to get a flash drop down menu to go over the text below it, the
          > actual size of the button is 155w X 26h and it will show the button but when u
          > put ur mouse over it it will not drop down the text, the actual size of the
          > button and the submenus is about 155w X 266h but if u make the size of that in
          > the HTML document, it shots everything out of range. any suggestions....t

you can't open flash beyond its boundaries. If the file is to expend to 266 pixels,
          the canvas has to be that big as well.
          What you can do is make the bg invisible so the flash simply looks like floating
          above the page while it actually run within its original size.

check the post titles "Re: Need Your Help in Make use of Unused Area!"
          I show an example of something like that. Posted it yesterday.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: Get flash to go over text below it
            dotcom012 Level 1
            Here is the website where i need the buttons to come down. I will try what u said but in the mean time let me know if there is anything else that you know of to see if this will work.

www.dragndriftus.com/dragndriftus/index.htm

Thanks

Scott
            • 3. Re: Get flash to go over text below it
              Level 7

dotcom012 wrote:
              > Here is the website where i need the buttons to come down. I will try what u
              > said but in the mean time let me know if there is anything else that you know
              > of to see if this will work.
              >
              > www.dragndriftus.com/dragndriftus/index.htm
              >
              > Thanks
              >
              > Scott

Hi there Scott
              I'm afraid using the Wmode and making the movie as big as the max open menu is the
              only way. It's in fact what all of us use for that purpose :)

--
              Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
              If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
              </urami>
              • 4. Re: Get flash to go over text below it
                dotcom012 Level 1
                Well i will give it a shot, what are some brife steps i need to do, i alrady have the buttons made, do i need to edit the code in my HTML or the FLASH Document? Thanks for your help

Thanks

Scott