Donjworks
      Hello,

I found this code online:

on (release) {
      tellTarget (_root) {
      gotoAndStop("Draw", 1);
      }
      }

To help me with a nested button problem, except now whenever I click the button, it restarts the whole movie. What's the problem?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Is this a noob question?
          takennickname Level 1
          try using a stop(); action at the appropriate place.... and not to be insulting, but the "F1" help files in Flash are exceptional. Troubleshoot and problem solve.... to develop in Flash these must be your essential qualities, or just quit.

Kalen
          • 2. Re: Is this a noob question?
            takennickname Level 1
            Also... tellTarget is depricated... now use the with action. Look it up.

K.
            • 3. Re: Is this a noob question?
              Level 7

Donjworks wrote:
              > Hello,
              >
              > I found this code online:
              >
              > on (release) {
              > tellTarget (_root) {
              > gotoAndStop("Draw", 1);
              > }
              > }
              >
              > To help me with a nested button problem, except now whenever I click the
              > button, it restarts the whole movie. What's the problem?
              >
              > Thanks

Scenes are Only for authoring purpose , they are not included in final SWF files.
              Your movie become one long timeline once exported and Scenes basically are to give
              an end to one and beginning to another timeline . So if you have scene 1 with 100
              frames and scene 2 with 100 frames, the scene 2 first frame is not #1 but the following
              number of first scene 101 . Plus there is no scene names upon export anyway so you
              can't target them with actions.
              That is why following the "1" in your action, flash actually restarts your timeline.

You need to label frames which you like to target and use the following instead:

_root.gotoAndPlay("labelHere");

NOTE
              Do not get confuse with fact that the movie might work at times, the problem will occur
              at random and usually with more than two scenes, it has been around ever since
              flash 2, past 8 years... Labels are the way to go.

--
              Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
              If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
              </urami>