3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2006 4:27 PM by omnifice

Combo box visible and loaded but cant interact with it

LanceS Level 1
      I have two swf files onSiteSearch and onSiteReg. Both work as expected when used alone but when onSiteReg is loaded from onSite Search the comboBox on onSiteReg cannot be interacted with. It is visible and has the correct data in it but there is no ability to drop down the comboBox. I have tried many suggestions I have found here including making sure there is an instance of the comboBox in the onSiteSearch but nothing seems to change.

The onSiteSearch brings up a dataGrid and when a list item from the grid is click it loads the onSiteReg (see code below). Everything works as it should including checkBoxs and actionScript but I can change the selected choice in the comboBox.

Thanks in Advance for any insight and/or help.

var dgListener:Object = new Object();

dgListener.cellPress = function(event) {
      txtTalentEventID.text = dgResults.getItemAt(event.itemIndex).TalentEventID;
      _global.thisTalentEventID = dgResults.getItemAt(event.itemIndex).TalentEventID;
      loadMovie("onSiteReg.swf",_level0);
      };

dgResults.addEventListener("cellPress",dgListener);
        • 1. Re: Combo box visible and loaded but cant interact with it
          LanceS Level 1
          Ok. I changed the code to use loadMovieNum like this:

var dgListener:Object = new Object();

dgListener.cellPress = function(event) {
          txtTalentEventID.text = dgResults.getItemAt(event.itemIndex).TalentEventID;
          _global.thisTalentEventID = dgResults.getItemAt(event.itemIndex).TalentEventID;
          //loadMovie("onSiteReg.swf",_level0);
          loadMovieNum("onSiteReg.swf", 2);
          };

dgResults.addEventListener("cellPress",dgListener);

and now the onSiteReg comboBox works fine but now i have both movies on the screen at the same time and can't figure out how to get rid of onSiteSearch.

Yes, I am new to this flash stuff. Have been doing CF since v2.0 but flash is kicking my ***!
          • 2. Re: Combo box visible and loaded but cant interact with it
            mitchkill2
            I know that this thread is a few months old, but I figure'd I would answer it anyway. I was running into the same problem. I had a preloader that was using the MovieClipLoader class to load another movie with the ComboBox component. Just as you said Lucas, it would not function. The answer to it was to open the base SWF (in this instance, my preloader) and drag an instance of the ComboBox from the Component window into the library. This seems strange because other components do not require this. However, it does now work.

Mitchell Killian (II Cor. 12:9)
            www.IntegrityDC.net
            "Except a man be born again, he cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven." John 3:3
            • 3. Re: Combo box visible and loaded but cant interact with it
              omnifice
              Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This post saved my sanity. :)

Adding the ComboBox to the preloader's library worked for me too. I've been pulling my hair out on this one for a couple of hours!