2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2006 2:36 PM by elipsis001

Publishing quick time movie from a fla with embeded video

elipsis001
      I'm exporting my flash movie as a quick time movie (setting the flash version in 5 on the publish settings), and everything is ok except that the videos that are embeded just dissapear. Is there a way to import .movs into a .fla and still being able to export to whole thing into quick time?
        • 1. Re: Publishing quick time movie from a fla with embeded   video
          Level 7

elipsis001 wrote:
          > I'm exporting my flash movie as a quick time movie (setting the flash version
          > in 5 on the publish settings), and everything is ok except that the videos that
          > are embeded just dissapear. Is there a way to import .movs into a .fla and
          > still being able to export to whole thing into quick time?

My guess is that you import video to flash using codec that is not supported in
          QT player. Do the following. Open new document and set it right away to FLASH 5,
          than import the video and you will notice your options has drastically change to
          very minimal. Anyhow, import, do whatever you wish to it, export as QT MOV file.
          Should work on first go. If does not, please upload that video you trying to use,
          I will check it out for you.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: Publishing quick time movie from a fla with embeded   video
            elipsis001 Level 1
            Hi,

Thanks a lot for your response. What you say sounds very logical. I tried importing the clips again, with the Flash 5 version set on the publish settings, and it worked. It doesn't work while exporting it as a quick time (the quality is not good and the sound is off), but it works perfectly when publishing as a quick time.

Thanks again, you are very kind :)