1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 14, 2006 8:05 PM by Newsgroup_User

Importing PSD files?

Maxwell_Hammer
      In Photoshop CS2, I used the Extract filter to cut out the background aroung people in several photos and saved them as PSD files with transparent backgrounds. They look fine in Photoshop, but when I import them into Flash 8, they look washed out and they have light halos around the more intricate cutouts (like hair). Looks like light colored pixel fringe. Any idea what's going on, or how to improve the quality of the imports? (The PSD files are placed over an imported JPEG photo background in my Flash file.)
      Thanks
        • 1. Re: Importing PSD files?
          Level 7

Maxwell Hammer wrote:
          > In Photoshop CS2, I used the Extract filter to cut out the background aroung
          > people in several photos and saved them as PSD files with transparent
          > backgrounds. They look fine in Photoshop, but when I import them into Flash 8,
          > they look washed out and they have light halos around the more intricate
          > cutouts (like hair). Looks like light colored pixel fringe. Any idea what's
          > going on, or how to improve the quality of the imports? (The PSD files are
          > placed over an imported JPEG photo background in my Flash file.)
          > Thanks

save as PNG 24 and import to flash than you can have transparency and apply
          to JPG compression upon export to minimize the size.
          Open library CTRL L - right click image - properties, play with compression
          to compare quality versus size. PNG can produce great results and be
          really small in final file size.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>