1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 13, 2006 9:43 PM by Newsgroup_User

how to make cross platform screensavers

chakradude Level 1
      I work on an Imac on os X. I need to make screensavers for cross platform (win/mac) distribution. I have flash 8 pro. Is there any viable solution cheaper than the $200 for "Iscreensaver" or $300 for "screentime" softwares? Failing that, does anyone have a preference between the two? do you know if they allow flash interactivity or just animation?

thanks in advance

Bob
        • 1. Re: how to make cross platform screensavers
          Level 7

chakradude wrote:
          > I work on an Imac on os X. I need to make screensavers for cross platform
          > (win/mac) distribution. I have flash 8 pro. Is there any viable solution
          > cheaper than the $200 for "Iscreensaver" or $300 for "screentime" softwares?
          > Failing that, does anyone have a preference between the two? do you know if
          > they allow flash interactivity or just animation?

Unfortunately there is no choices for you when comes to MAC. Windows has over
          30 really good screensaver tools, some of which very capable and totally free.
          Myself do not use Mac but friends who do, use the "screentime" as preferred tool.
          Check the features, see what you need and which tools deliver what you looking
          for than pick the winner :)

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>