3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2006 8:52 AM by Nickels55

Help Play Video in MX 2004

marlin35
      have Flash MX 6.0
      have a few videos that are simply too large to use as .swf's I was thinking that FLV's might be my best bet but I am absolutely wet behind the ears, I have asked for help in other topics but havnt wuite gotten the elementary help that I apprently need. If someone could please get me pointed in the right direction and provide some samples of what I am trying to do it would also be greatly appreciated.

I am importing a .wmv video file with audio , about 30 seconds long and currently 2.5 MB's.
      All I am really doing is creating a couple of additional layers in the FLA that provide a screen at the end of the video that shows the clients contact info, etc. Of course, if I export this as an .swf the file turns into a 13MB monster!
      Can someone tell me if an FLV sounds like the proper solution to this? I really need a fresh start here

Thanks so much!
        • 1. Re: Help Play Video in MX 2004
          Level 7

marlin35 wrote:
          > have Flash MX 6.0
          > have a few videos that are simply too large to use as .swf's I was thinking
          > that FLV's might be my best bet but I am absolutely wet behind the ears, I have
          > asked for help in other topics but havnt wuite gotten the elementary help that
          > I apprently need. If someone could please get me pointed in the right direction
          > and provide some samples of what I am trying to do it would also be greatly
          > appreciated.
          >
          > I am importing a .wmv video file with audio , about 30 seconds long and
          > currently 2.5 MB's.
          > All I am really doing is creating a couple of additional layers in the FLA
          > that provide a screen at the end of the video that shows the clients contact
          > info, etc. Of course, if I export this as an .swf the file turns into a 13MB
          > monster!
          > Can someone tell me if an FLV sounds like the proper solution to this? I
          > really need a fresh start here

Well, you might not have choice, Player 6 do not support FLV format. The ability
          to load nad play FLV comes from player 7 up ...

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: Help Play Video in MX 2004
            marlin35 Level 1
            urami_

I appreciate your response but am confused, what does my player version have to do with my creating the FLV file?
            I can make sure I have the newest player installed but that doesnt help me understand how to create and utilize an FLV file.

Do you mean my software version? 6.0 compaired to 7.0?

If so, would Studio 8 upgrade me far enough for my software to support FLV work?

Thanks
            • 3. Re: Help Play Video in MX 2004
              Nickels55 Level 2
              Slight confusion, MX 04 (of Flash 6) as you call it does support FLV, however the Player has to be 7,8,or 9 to view FLV files.

You will need software to convert your .wmv to .flv format. Sorenson squeeze is what I would recommend. But, for the best results you should upgrade to Flash Studio 8 Pro, which is perfect for adding flv video. It comes with an encoder to create FLV files, and there are many more components and options for controlling video.

And yes, FLV is much more compact then wmv. I don't know the size or length of your video so I can't say how big it will be as an flv file. If you want to do a test then publish the .wmv file and I'll convert it to flv for you using the new On2VP6 codec (Flash player 8 or above compatible).