4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2006 6:21 PM by Newsgroup_User

    Who makes the nicest, easiest to use Flash website design software?

    e.Shubee Level 1
      Please forgive the beginner's question. I would like to build a flash site like http://www.hockaday.org from an easy to use Flash template. You get what you pay for so my first choice isn't something for free but a 30-day free trial version would be nice.

      What I like best about http://www.hockaday.org is the great menus and that pictures continually reload in interesting ways.

      Maybe a template is too restrictive. Who makes the nicest, easiest to use Flash website design software that allows fast creation of those fancy menus and with other fast features to do nice things with pictures and motion?

      I need to create a site like http://www.hockaday.org immediately so I don't have the time to learn Flash first. What's my best bet?

        • 1. Re: Who makes the nicest, easiest to use Flash template?
          Level 7
          you are in a catch 22 - you don't have time to learn flash - yet you need to build an entire site
          immediately - you can't - sure you can download a template that is similar but if this forum is any
          proof, you almost need more flash knowledge trying to decipher most templates in order to edit them
          - search this forum, there are several posts per week from non-flash users who purchased templates
          and have no clue how to edit them. Often times it is hard for an educated flash user to
          reverse-engineer a FLA made by somebody else - Flash documents are blank canvases that can be setup
          a myriad ways by different users making the same thing - some developers are more organized than
          others - most templates are not organized but rather thrown together for a quick profit.

          You will simply need to learn enough flash to understand how it works or hire somebody to edit the
          template for you.

          hope this helps.

          ******************************************
          --> **Adobe Certified Expert**
          --> www.mudbubble.com
          --> www.keyframer.com




          e.Shubee wrote:
          > Please forgive the beginner's question. I would like to build a flash site like
          > http://www.hockaday.org from an easy to use Flash template. You get what you
          > pay for so my first choice isn't something for free but a 30-day free trial
          > version would be nice.
          >
          > What I like best about http://www.hockaday.org is the great menus and that
          > pictures continually reload in interesting ways.
          >
          > I need to create a site like that one immediately so I don't have the time to
          > learn Flash first. What's my best bet?
          >
          >
          >
          • 2. Re: Who makes the nicest, easiest to use Flash template?
            Level 7


            Chris Georgenes wrote:
            > you are in a catch 22 - you don't have time to learn flash - yet you
            > need to build an entire site immediately - you can't - sure you can
            > download a template that is similar but if this forum is any proof, you
            > almost need more flash knowledge trying to decipher most templates in
            > order to edit them - search this forum, there are several posts per week
            > from non-flash users who purchased templates and have no clue how to
            > edit them. Often times it is hard for an educated flash user to
            > reverse-engineer a FLA made by somebody else - Flash documents are blank
            > canvases that can be setup a myriad ways by different users making the
            > same thing - some developers are more organized than others - most
            > templates are not organized but rather thrown together for a quick profit.
            >
            > You will simply need to learn enough flash to understand how it works or
            > hire somebody to edit the template for you.

            Could not agree more.
            Seem even that people who use these, develop lousy habits by following the template
            styles, which than comes back and bites in the *** in more complex projects.

            The templates are real junk beside the images that make it look neat, flash itself,
            real junk. Not to mention, every single template is made on same code base. Mostly
            it is given by the template distributor and the graphic side is the one thing that
            is in designer discretions. I did that before - in tens. Stop because it was
            getting embarrassing. Not worth the money. Honestly not worth the money.
            • 3. Re: Who makes the nicest, easiest to use Flash template?
              e.Shubee Level 1
              Thanks for the honest answers.

              What do you all think of the program Swish Max to create Flash based websites?
              • 4. Re: Who makes the nicest, easiest to use Flash template?
                Level 7
                swish is definately a viable alternative - I have Swish mainly for text effects every once in a
                while - never made a full flash site with it - but it has some very nice features and seems to be
                easier to learn than flash depending on what you are authoring.

                ******************************************
                --> **Adobe Certified Expert**
                --> www.mudbubble.com
                --> www.keyframer.com




                e.Shubee wrote:
                > Thanks for the honest answers.
                >
                > What do you all think of the program Swish Max to create Flash based websites?