• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate not starting

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2006 Sep 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have wiped and reinstalled my workstation and have found that having installed Captivate (a couple of weeks ago), it won't start. The splash screen is displayed, showing the version is 1.0.1188.1188, but that disappears and nada.

I've looked at the links given in this page and have tried starting Captivate whilst the workstation was off the network and verifying that the latest version of the Flash Player was installed and that the My Documents registry entry is correct, but no joy.

There are no records in the Event Log to suggest what might be happening, and there are no Captivate processes running in the background after the splash screen has disappeared.

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening? Thanks for any suggestions.
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aidan

For starters, you should really try downloading and installing version 1.01 instead of installing 1.0. I'm not at all confident that this will solve the issue, but it may be a step in the right direction.

You can download it by visiting the page linked below:
Click here to visit the downloads page

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the pointer, Rick. Have d/led the version your link pointed to & installed, but am seeing the same thing, albeit that the version now reported is 1.01.1418.1418.

Have also tried disabling Norman (anti-virus software installed on workstation), but again, no joy.

Hmmm.... weird this. Captivate worked fine before the reinstall and I haven't changed the worktstation's setup at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2006 Sep 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem -- I get the splash screen showing version 1.01.1418.1418, but it never launches.

My supervisor has previously installed Captivate (from disk) on his computer, but I will now be the primary user. Is this preventing Captivate from launching on my computer? If so, how do I switch myself over to be the primary user?

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 04, 2006 Oct 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Becky. If your copy has already been installed, you may be having activation issues, and may need to deactivate another copy to activate it on a different machine (it doesn't care who the user is, but definitely is finicky about being licensed on just one machine (and a backup, I think)).

If so, you will have to contact Adobe Support, as that is beyond the abilities of these forums. Try the link at hte bottom of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Becky. If your copy has already been installed, you may be having
activation issues, and may need to deactivate another copy to activate it on a
different machine (it doesn't care who the user is, but definitely is finicky
about being licensed on just one machine (and a backup, I think)).

If so, you will have to contact Adobe Support, as that is beyond the abilities
of these forums. Try the link at hte bottom of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To moderator: The above newsgroup user post is not mine. I have never - in my life - used a newsgroup in these forums. Seems the board is once again posting to itself. How about some help here ... Jason? Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2006 Oct 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm having the same problem! It happened even when I hadn't downloaded another version. See my new post just now... Don't know what to do. If I hear anything, I'll keep you posted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources