1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 19, 2006 8:54 PM by Newsgroup_User

Need Your Help in Make use of Unused Area!

Khoramdin
      Hello,

I have created a Flash which uses a large area or my computer screen to start with due to moving of the objects (animation) which are used to create the menu. Once the menu is created the Flash covers almost half the area which was initially used.

I would like to use the empty area to put some advertisements. Is there any way I can add some sort of SWF Flash File of any other stuff in the area which are NOT used and left empty once the menu is constructed by animation?

Thank you for your help and have a great day.

Cheers,

Babak
        • 1. Re: Need Your Help in Make use of Unused Area!
          Level 7

Khoramdin wrote:
          > Hello,
          >
          > I have created a Flash which uses a bigger area to start with (Due to Moving
          > Object) and once it is settled down it becomes the Menu. At Start the Object
          > use a bigger area as the result of moving, but once the menu is built out of
          > the moving objects it covers half the used Flash Area. Is there any way I can
          > add some sort of Flash Adv in the area which are NOT used by loading other SWF
          > files?

You can't change it on the fly because it's hard coded into your object embed tags.
          Unless you would reload the html document.
          One thing you could use, tho not recommended if you have complex interaction, is WMODE.
          Wmode make movie background transparent. We use it for all kind of funky banners and ads
          but it's a very buggy feature and many things in flash won't function properly when using it.
          Simple buttons are safe usually.

Let me show you:

http://flashfugitive.com/stuff/overhtml/

It's Macromedia's READ ME page and on top of it in LAYER <div id="Layer1">
          with flash movie size 1000x600. The <param name="wmode" value="transparent"
          and wmode="transparent" in the code make the background invisible therefor
          the car looks like it drives over the html while it actually runs within
          flash stage. You could do the similar thing, one big movie but after animation
          keep the content just in one of the corners so it appears like it became small.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>