2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2006 9:22 AM by director@knowgangs.com

Flash Pop Up Ad

director@knowgangs.com
      I set up a trial page at here.

Anyways, what I want is a swf ad to popup, with a transparent background and then disappear.

I created a new layer with dreamweaver, put the swf file in it (which is a swf that loads another swf) and I created the transparent background. OK I get that part.

Now how do I get it to close? Either a close button or where it closes automatically after the swf plays.

I do all the work on our site, however I am very challenged with using javascript and the coding side of using flash so any instructions or forums for dummys would be great.

• 1. Re: Flash Pop Up Ad
          Level 7

director@knowgangs.com wrote:
          > I set up a trial page at http://www.knowgangs.com/erase.php
          >
          > Anyways, what I want is a swf ad to popup, with a transparent background and
          > then disappear.
          >
          > I created a new layer with dreamweaver, put the swf file in it (which is a swf
          > that loads another swf) and I created the transparent background. OK I get
          > that part.
          >
          > Now how do I get it to close? Either a close button or where it closes
          > automatically after the swf plays.
          >
          > I do all the work on our site, however I am very challenged with using
          > javascript and the coding side of using flash so any instructions or forums for
          > dummys would be great.

Use HIDE SHOW layer option to get rid off the layer when you done playing or
          don't need it. In html you would use something like (example only):

MM_showHideLayers('Layer1','','show','Layer2','','hide')

The very same action execute from flash would be
          getURL("javascript:MM_showHideLayers('Layer1','','show','Layer2','','hide');void(0);");

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: Flash Pop Up Ad
            director@knowgangs.com Level 1
            Thanks for the reply. I'd given up on this project for awhile because it was frying my brain. I'll give it a try.