6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2006 7:20 AM by Joe_Benson

Send for Review users

edmcgo
      at what point does the "users" folder get created .....is it when the connection key is consumed and the user first connects? What folder/file permissions are required are these folders (_mm, ct3beta, messaging etc...)?
        • 1. Re: Send for Review users
          Level 7
          > at what point does the "users" folder get created .....is it when the
          > connection key is consumed and the user first connects? What
          > folder/file permissions are required are these folders (_mm, ct3beta,
          > messaging etc...)?
          >

Hi,

These folders are created when you administer the site !

-Avinash

• 2. Re: Send for Review users
            edmcgo Level 1
            I am not seeing any folders inside the 'users' folder except for mine...which makes me wonder if that is true. OK...more specific. when is a folder inside the users folder created? Is it created when I (as the admin) send the connection key to the specific user in that role? Or, it is created when the connection is made by the user? What about the permissions?
            • 3. Re: Send for Review users
              Tom Benjamin Level 1
              I think those folders are created as you add users to roles using the Contribute's website administration tool.
              • 4. Re: Send for Review users
                edmcgo Level 1
                2 notes: I am not using Contribute Publishing Server and I send connection keys with users mapping drives to the same network share. The 'users who have connected' only lists me....therefore the folders must be created by the user when connecting with the connection key. The permissions for the _mm folders must not be correct. The editors and publishers can edit and publish but no one can send a draft for review. Without good workflow, Contribute is just another editor with a rollback. Any thoughts on the permissions? Am I correct?
                • 5. Re: Send for Review users
                  Tom Benjamin Level 1
                  I am using the CPS, so I'm not sure how Contribute 3 handles the _mm/messaging folders. I did discover that for the draft review process to work in my setup (CPS and Contribute 3 in a Windows 2003 server environment) that all Contribute users have to have modify/write access to all folders on the website.
                  • 6. Re: Send for Review users
                    Joe_Benson
                    You may need to give your users permission to create new files on the server, that would allow them to add the connection file and a file to the MMWIP folder for drafts. Exactly how you do that I do not know, it's a server thang.