3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2006 1:38 AM by RoboColum(n)

Adding a Topic Create and Last Modified date

DavidBeletz
      Sorry this might have been a question that has been posted previously and answered but I couldn't find it.

For each topic in the help output file I would like to add the topic's create date and the last modified dated without having to manually type and retype the info each time as text. Is there an HTML command Robohelp command that can do this?

Thanks

Dave
        • 1. Re: Adding a Topic Create and Last Modified date
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Hi Dave and welcome to the forums. RH does have a facility whereby you can enter a date/time via the Insert | Field menu tiem. You could even add this to a topic template as part of a text string (e.g. last updated on date). The problem would be to automate this. You can automate it across the board but this wouldn't distinguise between just opening up a topic to review the content. I use a macro editor such as Macro Express to achieve what you want. If you don't want to buy such software you could enter template text such as "Last updated on" and then add the date via the Insert | FIeld | Date menu item each time a topic is created/edited.
          • 2. Re: Adding a Topic Create and Last Modified date
            DavidBeletz Level 1
            Thanks Colum

I was actually hoping for something that would call up the modified and created date properties of the topic file itself. similar to the Word field CreateDate or LastModified. I can do this with Macro Express?
            • 3. Re: Adding a Topic Create and Last Modified date
              RoboColum(n) Level 5
              In essence yes Macro Express can do this. It is essentially a tool to capture keystrokes, enter text strings, etc. What I have is a macro with two elements. The entered text is "Last updated on date" with the date being a macro express field just like Word's. The macro has a keyboard shortcut assigned to it so I only have to enter three characters (that's my choice) to complete the entire text string. You can download Macro Express and try it out before buying.